• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jeep? What is it, Whats it worth?

ETBaals

jeep for sale

Hi
with the prices of WWII jeep climbing at an alrming rate. $5500. is not too bad for this jeep.
If you look ay ebay unrestored ones that are fairly complete are bringing 5 to 6 grand.
If the engine is Ford and the number matches the frame the jeep is probably worth twice that figure.
Ernie

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
citizensoldier said:
I made this guy a offer.. He wants $5500 for it and would not budge so he can keep it. For that much I will buy a 5 ton tractor.. Oh well, but thanks for all the advice and info. I learned allot and will know more the next time I find a old jeep..

Hmmm........my cheapness must be wearing off. :roll:

I've seen that GPW before, I think anyway :?

NB1944

I have not read all of the replies to this article, but I hope you bought it! I don't know why so many 'non-Jeep' guys chimed in on this article, but I am a Jeep guy. I live in CO and here in the west we are fortunate that our metal doesn't rust (it does rust, but not anything like it does our east). This jeep is in good shape. Its in great shape for a Michigan vehicle (someone took care of it). Yes, it is missing a few things but you will never find a complete Jeep (this one is 7 or 8 / 10).

I do take exception to one things I read... this is a Ford tub. By the end of the war (late '44), both Willys and Ford had agreed to buy their tubs from a central source; thus, each manufacturer had the exact same body tub for their jeeps. This is known as a composite tub. It appears that that is what your jeep has. The photos shows that there was some repair made to the tool box area, and perhaps this is how the seat and seat hinge were lost.

Again, this is in great shape. LOL

NB1944

Don't listen to a truck guy... if you want a Jeep, you have to pay for a Jeep. Sure, you can spend the same amount of money and buy more truck, but its not a Jeep!

Look at it this way... there are very few MVs that any of us can buy, fix, and then sell at a profit. Sure, there are a few and sometimes you get lucky. Then again, when finished with your restoration, the price of the Jeep will be way higher than that of a truck. But in this case, the guy knows what he has and he wants to get $5500. I would try to talk him down a bit, saying that it needs some repairs and a restoration (which it does), but you could easily pay $5000 for this and still be OK. Check carefully for rust. Check out several Jeep parts dealers and see what parts you will need. Make a list and figure out what it will cost. Then decide what you want to do. Ask others who have done a JEEP restoration. LOL

tbone69

I just bought a 1944 GPW with MB motor and rebuild tag. the number on the frame (drivers side top frame rail close to the shock mount) matches the data plates. some rust, missing some small parts. good engine and transfer case. it cost me $5000. I would like to see some for $2500 in the shape yours is in, I would buy everyone of them. there seems to be some disconnect on prices from time to time. that body is correct for a 1945 Ford the grill looks right as well. check the numbers and look for rebuild tags that will tell you a lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks