• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weare NH Merrimack Valley Rally July

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lined up for the big truck trail ride sat
After Matt (who scouted the trail) questioned whether the bridge would hold the 916A1's (mine or Johns) I think it should be renamed the medium truck trail ride!!!!! :)
.... though later he said it may not have been a prob????

Enjoyed the show when I finally got there (ridiculous late Fri night tour of all the worst roads in VT thanks to a navigation error!).
I am sure there were many S/S members that I spoke to or walked passed and didn't realise it. Belated "nice to meet you"...

Well organised event, good grub Sat night.

John - I did a few Tacho checks on the way home... Measured mile at an indicated 60mph took 63 seconds = 57.1 mph.

Vintage iron

Zebedee it was great to see you again. Sorry, you didn't make the trail ride. You M916a3 was awesome, thanks for letting me take it for a test drive. Check out the RIMVCC show Sept. 6-7

Vintage iron

Zebedee my mistake. There was no insult intended ;) I am still learning the differences in the models. I thought only the CCC cab were A1. Looks like you will need to give me lessons at the RI show ;) I hope your trip home went better then you trip up.

ReoRider

Great show, as always. Wide range of vehicle types represented and very well organized event. Was able to be there Saturday with M916A1- good 350 mile R/T on the newly installed 14:00's. Nice to be able to cruise at a good speed and still have some headroom on the tac.

Howard, your measured mile data vs. the speedometer on your M916A1 is consistent with what I got before the tire switch. At reading of 60 actual is 57. After tire switch speedo reading of 60 is actual (GPS) 64. So the tire switch brings 57 up to 64. Cruising speed of 55 is now easy to maintain.

John

acesneights1

After Matt (who scouted the trail) questioned whether the bridge would hold the 916A1's (mine or Johns) I think it should be renamed the medium truck trail ride!!!!! :)
.... though later he said it may not have been a prob????

Enjoyed the show when I finally got there (ridiculous late Fri night tour of all the worst roads in VT thanks to a navigation error!).
I am sure there were many S/S members that I spoke to or walked passed and didn't realise it. Belated "nice to meet you"...

Well organized event, good grub Sat night.

John - I did a few Tacho checks on the way home... Measured mile at an indicated 60mph took 63 seconds = 57.1 mph.
You would have been fine with the bridge. Some low hanging branches though.
BTW Thanks for letting Matt take my son for a ride in it . He loved it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Katahdin

The Free Spaghetti Dinner was Awesome. They gave you a huge helping and the sauce homemade sauce, you also got a salad, garlic bread, and deserts...MMMmmmm!

20140725_171951.jpg 20140725_172522 (Custom).jpg

Guys, if you just can't get enough of NH come on up to the huge Barrington truck show in August. Pretty good military turn out but we could always use more!

Sunday August 17th Behind Calef's Store, Rt 9/125, Barrington NH, 8-4pm

Jeep Nasty

Great to meet some folks in person and put a face to things. I had a great time the half a day I could spend up there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks