• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amazing! Ever notice how many threads are locked in this Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been here a lot longer than three months. I signed up 5 or 6 years ago and then stayed out of pocket for a while. I couldn't remember my screen name and didnt have the email I signed up with so had to start over.
I suggest you contact Patracy ASAP, it's also against the rules to have multiple accounts.

CNKILLERCLOWN

I suggest you contact Patracy ASAP, it's also against the rules to have multiple accounts.
Thats the problem, I don't remember what the screen name was and the email I used originally was through Comcast which I dropped 5 years ago. Come to think of it i dont remember the email as it was some crap assigned by Comcast. No way to recover the info. I suspect that isn't against the rules but if it is someone should overlook it...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So since we have nothing to track down the old account, would you at least address the political statement in your sig?

glassk

Politics are part of everyday life. You can't post about politics because its against the rules. You can't post a link to an eBay auction because it is against the rules. No offense to the moderation staff as its your site and you can do what you want. I will offer one suggestion maybe you should lighten up a bit. I know tons of guys that all say the same thing and they just stay away. I have never understood the no links to an auction rule. Someone said once that it opens up litigation or something of the sort, I don't remember exactly what. That is totally false, I have tried enough cases to know better. I personally don't see a problem with it but there again you can disallow whatever. One thing I have found puzzling is there has been no conversation about the DOD suspending sales of surplus trucks to civilians, local and state governments effective July 1st 2014 yet we are all here about military vehicles. If there was any it was short lived or closed. This place is rather informative but I can tell you it would be a lot more lively if some folks would be a little more laid back.

Don't direct someone to read 2000 pages from a TM when it would take you 2 seconds to give the guy the information he seeks. I spent 2 hours the other day looking for the method of setting the valve rockers on a MEP-003a generator via google the other day because I figured someone would give me the line go look in the TM. That would have encompassed looking through 800 pages of books to get the info which incidentally I did do and ended up findin the info in none other than an Onan service manual because the TM's I found didn't get that deep into it. Bottom line is a 20,000 pound truck will kill someone. If someone asks a question no matter how trivial it may seem to you or me it obviously isn't trivial to the asker. Don't just say hey its in the book go find it, tell them where it is in the book or just answer the question. In today's society people are not as savy with mechanical stuff in the digital age as they once were. Folks get discouraged and stop askin for help, pretty soon they find themselves in a pickle.

No disrespect to anyone here but it turns people away when you get the holier than art thou attitude. You came into this world with nothing and you will leave with nothing. The question remains what you will leave? Will it be positive or negative. So far I have made a positive mark as a person that will help his fellow man. Its all up to you. Personally for me life is to short to worry about petty things like I am a conservative but your a liberal or this person is right and I am wrong. Treat someone else how you yourself would treat your own mother.

What have you done for me Lately, 2cents

1-1. SCOPE
This manual is for your use in operating and maintaining
the DOD Standard Generator Sets, 10KW
Diesel Engine Driven, Model MEP-003A and Model
MEP-112A. It contains sections for operating procedures
for operation under both normal and unusual
conditions; a section for lubrication instructions, including
a Lubrication Order; a section for preventive
maintenance; a section for troubleshooting; and sections
for both operator maintenance procedures and
organizational maintenance procedures. Thoroughly
familiarize yourself with the unit before operating
or servicing.

Attachments

CNKILLERCLOWN

Congratulations my point went over your head. You should read your own rulebook belittling people I am sure is in there somewhere. Ill shut up now you won't have to worry about me raining on your parade anymore. Its obvious I am not welcome here. 6,650 post on 1919a4.com and I can't remember a time any of the members there had to worry about getting treated this way.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site owner has set forth certain rules. He has tasked the moderation staff to apply these rules. No disrespect meant but your post number on any other forum is of no relevance here. Why is it so difficult? If these rules, that you agreed to, are so egregious, why did you click OK to accept them? The site has become this great resource not in spite of these rules, but as a result of them.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations my point went over your head. You should read your own rulebook belittling people I am sure is in there somewhere. Ill shut up now you won't have to worry about me raining on your parade anymore. Its obvious I am not welcome here. 6,650 post on 1919a4.com and I can't remember a time any of the members there had to worry about getting treated this way.
Why is it there are always people complaining about the site that, when those complaints are refuted, have to take their ball and go home? And I still don't see how he's "getting treated this way." What way? Expected to follow the rules?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm guessing it's from the PM I sent him asking to remove the political statement in his sig. (I personally think it's funny/sadly true, but I know I'd have people reporting it eventually)

Wanna hear a kicker? I'm the admin and I don't agree with some of the rules! But I don't own the place, I just keep the lights on.

glassk

Your Point is that you didn't bother looking for the Info, You just expected someone to give it to you,.. In my opinion If you own a MEP XXX, the TM was written just for you,....

1-5. LEVELS OF MAINTENANCE ACCOMPLISHMENT.
a. (A, MC) Army and Marine Corps users shaIl
refer to the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) for
tasks and levels of maintenance to be performed.
b. (F) Air Force users shall accomplish maintenance
at the user level consistent with their capability
in accordance with policies established in AFM 66-1.
c. (N) Navy users shall determine their maintenance
levels in accordance with their service directives.

You should read your own rulebook belittling people I am sure is in there somewhere----You mentioned the TM didn't have the info, I merely proved you Wrong,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow the rules you agreed to, or hit the road.

Welcome to SS, again.

BTW, I counted 3 reasons to ban you in this thread.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks