• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1101/M1102 - Interior dimensions

JustLuckey

Hey guys, newbie here, just joined today. I'm interested in buying an M1101 or M1102. I've had a landscape (5'x8' trailer) and I hate the quality/lack of strength for the price. I like mil-spec. I drive a Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, so the tow rig shouldn't be an issue (with exception to the 12/24v conversion, but I'll save that for another thread if I don't find the info in these forums).

I'm looking for a good trailer to haul various things (dirt, mulch, stones) occasionally, so I'm not as picky about dimensions for that stuff. But I also want to haul my Arctic Cat ATV (TRV / 2 passenger). With the bumper, it's 93" long, but is exactly 84" from the front of the front tires to the rear of the rear tires.

I've search other posts and found some diagrams that have the interior bed length at 7'2" (86"). I'm curious as to how high the bed rails and tailgate (if different) are from the floor of the trailer.

Since my ATV would 'hang over' several inches (mostly in the front), it might be able to clear it if the rails aren't too high. As it stands, the bottom of the front bumper is 18" off the ground. There's some room to play with if I drove it up on a 2" x 6" or two.

Lastly, how is the tight / taught is the tarp (and bow) kit when installed? Is there any room to play if my ATV is sticking out 3-4" in the front and/or back?

Thanks,
JustLuckey

JustLuckey

Thanks for the link. That was similar (or maybe the same) diagram for the M1101/M1102 that I was looking at before the post. That diagram doesn't have the depth of the bed, only the height of the bed rail to ground. If the M101A2/3 has a 16" deep bed, how does that compare to the M1101/2?

If the M101A2/3 has a 56" wide tail gate, it's the same (or within an 1") of the M1101/2.
Regardless, thanks for the quick response!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
OOPs sorry for the confusion, "the tail gate is 56" wide and sides are 16" deep", is for the 1101/02.

JustLuckey

Thanks MW.

what is the tallest and shortest heights with the bows/tarp installed? Also, is there much play/room in the tarp, if my atv sticks out the front and/or back (over top of the bed rails) a few inches? Not sure if the tarp taught ness/tightness is adjustable. If not, it will probably impact my purchase.

any advice when looking at one to buy, what are areas to pay special attention to for wears/issues? I'll be looking at the ATL/GA/Alabama region.

thanks!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the tarp only has a bit of adjustment. It's meant to be very tight. But the back flap does have some give (assuming you don't zipper it) and could probably be loosened if you ran some rubber rope like form an LMTV or even just some 550 cord if it's just a bit.

wvu dodge

I had a hard time finding bed dimensions before I bought mine also. Everybody wants to link the the silver eagle page, but it doesn't give you any bed dimensions.

The interior length is 86" inside the gate. The width between fenders is 56". Somebody posted 16" bed height...this is probably right, but it may be 18".

The interior height below the bows is ~about 60 to 62", don't remember for sure now. The only reason I know this is because I tried to load my side by side in it with the tarp on, not even considering the height, and ran into the bows...then I measured it.

Your arctic cat 4 wheeler will fit fine, but based on the dimensions you gave, you may need to leave the gate down, but at least you won't be relying on the gate to carry any of the weight. I used to have a Can-am Outlander and it fit in the box perfectly, and was still able to close the gate. The integral tie down points are definitely handy.

I use mine to haul my side by side. I've tried many times to post pictures here and can't seem to figure it out. But you can see pictures of how I use mine here:
http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-trail-trail-xt/8690-trailers-4.html#post134908

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
I had a hard time finding bed dimensions before I bought mine also. Everybody wants to link the the silver eagle page, but it doesn't give you any bed dimensions.

The interior length is 86" inside the gate. The width between fenders is 56". Somebody posted 16" bed height...this is probably right, but it may be 18".

The interior height below the bows is ~about 60 to 62", don't remember for sure now. The only reason I know this is because I tried to load my side by side in it with the tarp on, not even considering the height, and ran into the bows...then I measured it.

Your arctic cat 4 wheeler will fit fine, but based on the dimensions you gave, you may need to leave the gate down, but at least you won't be relying on the gate to carry any of the weight. I used to have a Can-am Outlander and it fit in the box perfectly, and was still able to close the gate. The integral tie down points are definitely handy.

I use mine to haul my side by side. I've tried many times to post pictures here and can't seem to figure it out. But you can see pictures of how I use mine here:
http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/wildcat-trail-trail-xt/8690-trailers-4.html#post134908
Curious... did you make some ramps for the trailer?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks