• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nevada MV's unite!

renodogs

Just looking for others in the State of Nevada. It would be good to know where you're at what you have. I've know I've seen a few of you driving around in Reno; just wondering if you frequent this site? Matter of fact, it was July 4th, I was in my Deuce travelling North on Virginia headed to downtown Reno and you were in a Deuce going the other way! We surprised each other by our mere presence and blowing those air horns. :mrgreen:

I've seen a few of you folks on here who are in the Southern Nevada area, but please check in anyway!

1. Where do you like go off road?
2. Do you participate in MV displays, parades, Veteran's events, etc?
3. Do you offer pick-up at the local area GL sites to help others?
4. Most important- what MV's do you have? :tank:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Bishop, California but have traveled to Barstow, Stockton and Big Bear (farther than Reno) to attend events. Would not mind going to Minden, Gardnerville, or Reno to join you guys for events. I am kind of caught in a no mans land for distance to any events...almost always over 150 miles one way.

Not into off roading a lot but like doing all the rest of the MV functions.

Drove a clogged fuel filtered M52A2 W/W from dayton nv to reno to get it home 21 years ago, never made it to MVPA 98 when it was in san jose the same year rail fair was in sacramento calif, maybe next year if I complete my projects.

Last edited:

JamesH

Just paid for my m923a2 and m105a2 this morning..... :) Heading down to Barstow Sunday for a Monday pick up! With a little luck I'll be home by noon on Tuesday! Just need to figure out where I'm going to wait out the darkness.....guess that depends on what time I actually get out of Barstow.....

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hawthorne, NV 1972 M35A2C, M105A2, M38A1 on the way. Parades, Displays, Veterans events. Might be able to help with GL pick up. Make the (MVCC) Tower Park event in Lodi CA. April & September.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Bishop, California but have traveled to Barstow, Stockton and Big Bear (farther than Reno) to attend events. Would not mind going to Minden, Gardnerville, or Reno to join you guys for events. I am kind of caught in a no mans land for distance to any events...almost always over 150 miles one way.

Not into off roading a lot but like doing all the rest of the MV functions.
Nice no mans land. Love Bishop.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you all know about the largest annual MV swap meet and show in the Western U.S. is talked about here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...t-and-Gathering-April-20-26-2015-near-Lodi-CA

Also the 2016 MVPA National Convention will be held in Pleasanton, CA the second week of August 2016. See www.MVCCNews.net for updates.
Just a heads up. I placed my reservation for the 2016 September MVCC meet at Tower Park last week. The KOA is gone, and the facility is now run by Yogi Bears, Jelly Stone Park. (No kidding) I Almost hung up as I thought I had the wrong number. Looks like just the name has changed as all the park employees from KOA are still there.:D

Major Asstyrd

Just a heads up. I placed my reservation for the 2016 September MVCC meet at Tower Park last week. The KOA is gone, and the facility is now run by Yogi Bears, Jelly Stone Park. (No kidding) I Almost hung up as I thought I had the wrong number. Looks like just the name has changed as all the park employees from KOA are still there.:D
Don't worry about the ownership change. See you there.

But what about the MVPA convention August 11-13 in Pleasanton, CA? You coming? This will be a BIG DEAL and where folks should bring their MV, running, rusty, or perfect. See www.mvpa.org and the convention page. Setup day is Wednesday the 10th.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At Tower Park, we're going to be at site 320 right next to Sonny Hanson & Jim Porterfield. Drop by and say Hello! We may just bring the car to Pleasanton, I'm working on the Deuce right now and it probably won't be finished in time. Should be fun, see ya there.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks