• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job!

Looks like he's going to have to invest in a few new tires in the near future. A couple of those old treads are junk.

Whiterabbit

I see you painted the gas cap red for MOGAS. NICE!
Looks like the middle Ga. land locked Navy will be able to get to the ocean soon. :) I think their navy consists of a few Jon boats with trolling motors and some inflated spare inner tubes. :shrugs:

Darn nice work!

zout

As you can tell I did not mount the pintle - the size is different and I did not want to be hacking in anything different than what should be on it.

combat32

That M37 is lookin real good! Reminds me I got to get back to work on my 63 B1, I have been amassing parts all summer and need to get back on it.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will find out. I was too busy to go with Adam to recover the M37, so I won't see it until today. I will try my best to keep him out of trouble(good luck to me).

zout

John - you'll be a little late keeping Ferro out of trouble with it !!!!!

Above in the pics upon pickup - ask Ferro how that HUGE caved in right rear of his truck happened ???????? It did not get done without a newly painted other vehicle involved ????

With them fellas roaming around up there in SC - by now you would have thought someone would have posted up some pics from the homesite !!!!!!! what a bunch o slackers.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, we've all been at the VA Rally. Just got home. I will tell you this. The M-37+NDT's and a half full fuel tank had 'opportunities' with a 60 degree slope covered in Kudzu and wet leaves - no paint was damaged in the process, but Adam's mother won't be riding with him again on the trails. EMD will post a video as soon as it can be edited.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but the Blue Trail can be driven by a regular pick-up truck (at low speeds) and she was on the upslope side on it, not the down-slope side where 'mount-son-of-a-biscuit' dropped off just about as fast on the trail as it did on the side - but the trail had fewer standing trees on it. I hope EMD (John Parker) will show more than 5 or 10 seconds of me walking/sliding down the trail as he was backing his truck down to the turn-around that was 'only 100 yards behind him'. Adam said it was more like a quarter of a mile. On a flat map it was probably 200 yards, but on that slope it might have been a quarter of a mile, and felt longer when you have to drive it backwards. I need to go edit pictures so I can post some of them.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And Ferro did get stuck, and pulled out, just to make it an "OFFICIAL" SS rally. I was very pleased that I didn't have to touch a wrench the whole weekend. Pictures and video will follow, just as soon as I get unpacked, and back into the grind.

Whiterabbit

LOL! That last pic looked like where I grew up in east TN! I had to do a double take!
Looks like ya'll had a wonderful time and it looks like the M37's had a good time too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks