• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV High Speed Gears

Terrh

I am really eager to see if this swap works. I have considered getting custom gears made.

I would like a truck that tops out screaming at 75 mph so that 60-65 is hopefully a reasonable RPM.

these getting 6 or less highway MPG has got to be mostly the gearing, on flat land I get 7.5 grossing 82,000 LBS in my semi!

ShearerLegal

Baja2dakar and Joaquin Suave, I have to go to San Diego, California from here to pick up 2 deuce axles and 2 deuce cabs in 2 to 3 weeks. I will have an empty flatbed trailer on the way there. I can swing by Premier this week and pick up 4-6 axles then bring them when headed your way. Willing to do so for assistance with fuel cost. Call Premier and speak to Mathew. I've been there before. Perhaps they will take a credit card. PM me and let me know if you are interested, Scott

Baja2dakar

Baja2dakar and Joaquin Suave, I have to go to San Diego, California from here to pick up 2 deuce axles and 2 deuce cabs in 2 to 3 weeks. I will have an empty flatbed trailer on the way there. I can swing by Premier this week and pick up 4-6 axles then bring them when headed your way. Willing to do so for assistance with fuel cost. Call Premier and speak to Mathew. I've been there before. Perhaps they will take a credit card. PM me and let me know if you are interested, Scott
Yes im in for that I'll send you a PM. What day you leaving?

auctionaddict

I finally made it home !! It was a killer trip. The guys at Premier metals dropped an axle from 20 feet onto my trailer... Twice !!
The first one smashed the fenders into the tires, The second one wasn't so bad. They fixed the best they could and took care of me for the damages !!! I got away with 8 axle chunks and left the rest, There just to heavy to haul complete. They let me use there air tools to disassemble as it was to hot 100+.. I also got a few tail lights, 6 tires and wheels, some CTIS boxes and mrap dashes...

The owner Mike and his son Blake said they would welcome SS members anytime. They said call them personally ! Super nice folks..
Lots of axles left. While I was there they made a deal with a buyer for all the mrap engines and trans..

Its HOT in TX !!

jy3.jpgjy10.jpg

Shark Bait

I finally made it home !! It was a killer trip. The guys at Premier metals dropped an axle from 20 feet onto my trailer... Twice !!
The first one smashed the fenders into the tires, The second one wasn't so bad. They fixed the best they could and took care of me for the damages !!! I got away with 8 axle chunks and left the rest, There just to heavy to haul complete. They let me use there air tools to disassemble as it was to hot 100+.. I also got a few tail lights, 6 tires and wheels, some CTIS boxes and mrap dashes...

The owner Mike and his son Blake said they would welcome SS members anytime. They said call them personally ! Super nice folks..
Lots of axles left. While I was there they made a deal with a buyer for all the mrap engines and trans..

Its HOT in TX !!

View attachment 505515View attachment 505516

Can you pm their contact info?
thanks

ke5eua

Yeah I forgot to warn you about the forklift operator, he almost dumped a pallet of tires on me.

They are a great bunch down there though. The owner is a great guy, emailed me and when I was running late still let me get my tires after they closed to the public.

Even let me hand pick my tires, breaking down stacks. I will defiantly use them again if I need something.

auctionaddict

Yeah I forgot to warn you about the forklift operator, he almost dumped a pallet of tires on me.

They are a great bunch down there though. The owner is a great guy, emailed me and when I was running late still let me get my tires after they closed to the public.

Even let me hand pick my tires, breaking down stacks. I will defiantly use them again if I need something.

They stayed until 8:30 for me !! They even give you free ice cream !

ke5eua

It made me laugh so hard that the forklift operator didn't speak an ounce of English and after he almost crushed me someone came over and translated for me on how I wanted them stacked. I was going to attempt to put a pallet on the fifth wheel but decided against it real quick.

It brought tears to my eyes seeing all the frames stacked up, at least the axles are getting used now. The guy told me there was no interest in them when I was there.

They would be a perfect substitute to the Rockwells for mud trucks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$600,000 Caimans cut into little pieces. I guess the same thing happened after WWII with Sherman tanks, B17's etc.

Joaquin Suave

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Baja2dakar and Joaquin Suave, I have to go to San Diego, California from here to pick up 2 deuce axles and 2 deuce cabs in 2 to 3 weeks. I will have an empty flatbed trailer on the way there. I can swing by Premier this week and pick up 4-6 axles then bring them when headed your way. Willing to do so for assistance with fuel cost. Call Premier and speak to Mathew. I've been there before. Perhaps they will take a credit card. PM me and let me know if you are interested, Scott​
Thanks Scott, and sorry for not replying earlier.

A quick question: Has the OP installed the 3rd members and run them without issue yet?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks