• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The '07 Ga./Southern Rally-details/signup here

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Anyone interested in working their OD at the rally?
I spoke to a "person of authority" and he seemed pretty interested in us helping clean the trail by removing this ....( it is most of the up th trail and I am suprised it made it that far)

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, footprint of the GP Medium is 16x32. Looks like it will fit. As far as working the OD, it would be fun to move the van to lower ground so that they could effect removal. Throw some chain clamps around something and drag away, it will come along.

devilman96

Clint thanks for allowing ODI to sponsor this event... Guys if you have never put on such a shing-ding you really have to experiance it to understand how much work it is.. Clint deserves a lot of credit and hats off for stepping up to the plate to put all of this together. Its great to see so many MV'ers working to better the hobby!!!

ADR I will get a post up on the truck here soon... had some hic-ups with the rear main and clutch.

Kenny to drag that vehicle away you have to BE THERE.... ??????

citizensoldier

CRAP!!!!!!!!! Just recieved my Camp Grayling 2007 Fall Color Tour info.. Its Sept 28-30th.. Looks like I cant make it Clinto.. This sucks big time! I am a trail leader for this event and its one of our most fun and biggest get togethers.. Sorry clint I wont be there.. :(

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ill have my 819 there, a little scrap recovery would work for me,

rayn, have you thought about comming up 400 to 306 then 53 into gainesville, i could meet up with you on 53 (i live right off 53, west of the lake), then eather go up 129 or meet clints convoy on 985 and go up with them, if you still went to come up 20, i could meet you in gainesville, then go up eather way, as long as i can follow because :lost:

jwaller

hey I need the motor and trans out of that thing. wonder if I could yank it before you drag it out of the woods? oh ya BTW I will be there with 1 of my trucks.

This is the same area that my did her last adventure race. man that is some hilly territory and beautiful!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL, this is funny. I've been an off roader all my adult life. It's always fun to see who brings the most repair stuff into the woods. Of all the folks I've been out with, no one has ever been off roading with enough stuff to be pulling engines in the woods. Ron, I'm counting on you to bring that 819 as I might drive the tractor up and will need help putting the Jeep on the trailer.

rmgill

Ron, I looked at that and the cut up to 400 is a touch out of my way. Taking Buford highway is almost a straight shot and I can take slower surface streets so the ferret's not spinning it's bearings/seals all at super high speeds. Final reduction on these things is in the wheel hubs themselves.

poppop

Ok, I just made my reservations. The Wife and I and a couple of friends are coming up on Thursday and checking into a cabin on the lake. We will do the tourist thing Thursday and Friday and be ready for the Rally on Saturday. I'll be driving my 813 and the Wife will bring the car. I am looking forward to putting faces to the names I have come to know. I think we will have a great time. Clint, let me now if theres anything I can do to help.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto,
Unless the creek rises I plan to be there, might even see if Jeff will bring the M-51

Squirt-Truck
Great!!! Look forward to seeing you guys.....it looks like a BIG crowd so far.......

:D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
it would be nice if someone kept a running tally just to see how many are signed up, then post the number every now and then

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks