• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in/near Northern NJ: Want to start up a get together/ride

SteveKuhn

BTW, there's a car show taking shape right now at Pep Boys in Hackensack on River St. just behind the courthouse. I'm a block up a the USS Ling museum working on the trailer for their parade float. If anybody shows, stop by and say, "Hi."

Steve

SteveKuhn

Toys for Tots, Saturday, Oct 4th

Mark your calendars. Technically this is a USMC/MTA event but we want everybody to come who can make it, and you'll be VERY welcome:
Saturday, Oct.4th.........Annual Bloomingdale Football Game and "Toys For Tots" Collection, at Memorial Field in Butler, just off RT. 23 North...starts at 3:00pm,need trucks for collecting toys,it's a great time, just watching the kids play ,meeting people and did I mention FREE food all night.......have no MV, still come!

Last couple of years we collected over 400 toys plus bicycles each year. It's a roughly 4 game tournament. When we run out of Marines, they sometimes press our group into service for the color guard before each game.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

NYC M923A2

Greetings from NYC, I was wondering if any other local members are planning on attending the Diesel Nationals at Englishtown Raceway Park Saturday September 13? It's usually a fun day if you've never attended, huge truck show, dealers and monster trucks at night. They'll even let you run your truck down the track. I'm planning on running against my cousin in his M923A2. Looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll see some other members that day.

SteveKuhn

Saturday, 9/27, 10 - 4 pm Bergen Harley Davidson, Rt17 & Essex St.

All Day Event
$5 Donation [from the public], all money goes to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Description: HARLEYS, FOOD, VENDORS, MUSIC, GIVEAWAYS & MORE!... VENDORS 10am-4pm! • FOOD 12Noon-2pm! $5 Donation, all money goes to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society

After the display for Tahmooressi fundraiser, we've been asked if we could have a group come over for this event. Last was mostly hang out and BS, and I expect this will be the same. They really fed and treated us royally. Unfortunately, mine won’t be on the road this time so I’m hoping to have a couple others show in my place.

I hope to hear that we'll have some of you there.

Steve

aheilmann68

This coming friday Bloomingdale Fd is having a car show in memory I believe of a former member that passed due to cancer a year or two ago. They are hosting a 5k on Saturday but the car show is a new thing. I will be there with 3 vehicles. Anyone interested respond here and ill get details. I know it starts around 5 at the hamburg turnpike firehouse next to town hall.

SteveKuhn

Looks like a very nice event. Hope it's a great success. Wish I could attend. I think that's the same place (Memorial Field) we'll be for Toys for Tots on Oct 4th for Homecoming games.

You're still invited the next day to Harley Davidson from 10 - 4.

Steve

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great day at the Bergen Harley Fundraiser. The staff there really make sure we are taken care of. Great group of people. Plenty of awesome bikes to check out to. Food was great as well. There were several local vendors there with all different kinds of eats. Needless to say I dont think anyone left hungry. 20140927_095750.jpg20140927_095756.jpg20140927_102124.jpg20140927_122427.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks