• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in/near Northern NJ: Want to start up a get together/ride

LiqTenEXp

Nice, did anyone go on the trail ride yesterday or the toys for tots car show? I couldn't make it to either.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trail ride was great! Nice ride through some back country roads. Jack and Chris had a well planned route and I was surprised to find out that theres a volcano in Sussex county. Hopefully it becomes an annual event.20140928_105513.jpg20140928_111310.jpg20140928_113710.jpg20140928_120334.jpg20140928_121055.jpg20140928_135732.jpg

SteveKuhn

Location Change: Toys for Tots, Saturday, Oct 4th

I just got a note that the event has been moved to Delazier Field because Memorial Field will be closed due to the incoming weather. Space for parking is very limited, so there's only room for one more Deuce. If you were planning on attending, please contact me and I'll act as a clearing person to assure that the spot will be available.

Right now, Weather.com says that things will be clearing out around the start at 3 p.m.

Thanks.

Steve

o1951

Hi - neither GPS or MapQuest know Delazier Field in Bloomingdale. Could you post coordinates of visitor parking area or a nearby street? I don't have anything to exhibit. Am interested in seeing what others have, meeting SS members. 3pm.

SteveKuhn

OK, here you go:

The directions are 287 to exit 53 "Bloomingdale / Pompton Lakes......
At the exit take the Hamburg turnpike (Also known as Main Street) to Union Ave (about two miles); crossing R/R tracks....................
look for Union Ave (Bank and gas station on the right with a small strip mall & D& D on the right...........
Right turn on Union Ave...........
Pass Hamilton Street, Orchard Street.....

Parking is anyplace you can find it on local streets. Be prepared to walk a couple of blocks. Make sure to introduce yourself and don't be surprised if they put you to work collecting toys and saying, "Thanks!".

Looking forward to meeting you.

Steve
Right on Ballston....
The field is on the left.

SteveKuhn

Corrected directions

OK, here you go:

The directions are 287 to exit 53 "Bloomingdale / Pompton Lakes......
At the exit take the Hamburg turnpike (Also known as Main Street) to Union Ave (about two miles); crossing R/R tracks....................
look for Union Ave (Bank and gas station on the right with a small strip mall & D& D on the right...........
Right turn on Union Ave...........
Pass Hamilton Street, Orchard Street.....
Right on Ballston....

Parking is anyplace you can find it on local streets. Be prepared to walk a couple of blocks. Make sure to introduce yourself and don't be surprised if they put you to work collecting toys and saying, "Thanks!".

Looking forward to meeting you.

Steve
Right on Ballston....

SteveKuhn

Bergen Harley Davidson - Nov 8th Military Appreciation Day

They told us a couple of months ago that they've been wanting to do this for a couple of years. I suspect that now that they have some MVs showing up, they got it off the ground.

Hope to see more SSers there this time joining the usual suspects even though it's just a few days before the NYC parade.

mmmmmmm. CHILI!!!!!

Steve

Attachments

SteveKuhn

Just a bump for anyone who might have missed tomorrow's display noon - 5-ish at Harley-Davidson off Route 17. Flyer is above. Hope to see some new (and old) faces.

Steve

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wont be able to make it this time but the last event down there was great! Anyone thinking about it go check it out. [thumbzup]

BradBMI

Cant make this weekend but will be in the NYC Parade Tuesday after next week we are available with a number of trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks