• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

just picked up 4 mighty mites

mrairrikk

im so excited to begin my new adventure of the mighty mites. i picked up 1 m-422 and 3 m-422a1's.

i plan to keep the m-422 and 1 of the m-422a1.

ill be coming back and looking for as much info as i can get fro mthis site along with advice from anyone who can answer.

Erik

mightymite01.jpgmightymite02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice find, welcome aboard and please use capital letters when posting.

Do they all have titles? Any of them run?

Last edited:

mrairrikk

Currently none are running, 2 have had the process started to get titles. I'm just starting with them and hope to get them all running. I also picked up a ton of parts for them in this deal and I haven't even had a chance to check them all out.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unbelievable find! Mites are a lot of fun to off-road. Freeway not so much. I have been told to check the cylinders for chrome lining delamination before firing up an engine after a long period of sitting

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also look for an x on the end of the front spindle shaft by the nut. No x means weak shaft that will break. Seen it happen.

Carlo

I guess you could call these one of the famous barn finds but out in the open. This is stuff you read about but never happens to me. You are a luck man. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Carlo

Everything I have is pretty common and can be found. A mighty mite is a rare machine anywhere. And to see 4 in one place is out of this world.

mrairrikk

they are all in the condition shown in the picture. a buddy bought all four from someone a few years ago as projects and never got around to doing anything with them, i had a truck he wanted and he had a few things i wanted and these mighty mites so we made a trade. i more then likely wont be doing much to them until later after i move into our new home with room to store them.

mrairrikk

i still have them and saw the paper work for them yesterday , the registration is for the wrong year and here in washington state theres a 3 year wait for title creation on a vehicle without one. the two i plan to keep are the ones that the titles have been started on, with the wrong year which hopefully i will be able to fix. im waiting to bring them home when i move to my new place in idaho. and now ill have to check in on creating titles for the other two in idaho.

erik

LVTP5

I would say hello every brothers Veteran here, Semper Fi . I am a brand new member this page. let's introduce myself : I am with Chinese blood / Vietnamese heart person , also i am a Vietnam veteran with seven years served in General reserve force Vietnamese Marine Corp (July ? 1968 ~ Apr 30 1975).

LVTP5

Hello El thank you for your reply here , since i lost contact with you in my I phone text message. I sincerity looking for one this M442 street legal with clean DMV plate, i am planing use on for street daily transportation , and also use for US Veteran day parade. i am not need it right now, i can take time to wait for one, please keep me post if one of your M442 with DMV paper work clear please contact me again (503)775-2246 .Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks