• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

71 m35a2 no start, no fuel

Ja1904

Pulling the injector pump is the next off the blown motor was the next step, I just wanted to fix this one if it was something simple I could do with out having to time the motor, but it looks like I need to swap them out. Any suggestions on a good step by step for some one who has not done a injector pump swap and set timing? pics would be great to

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its not bad at all. I know everyone says read the TMs, but read the TMs. I did figure out a neat way to hold the timing with an extension bar and socket. Worked like a charm. It was my first and with quality coaching from a member here we got it done. Only need a couple of cheap gaskets and plan on oil lines to the pump.

Ja1904

having a hard time finding injection pump chance out, let me know if you got a good step by step,

on another note i see the fdc that i am having problems with has been bypassed on the new motor from what i have seen most of the time the 2 fuel lines on the fdc are looped back into the fdc separate, my fdc on this new used motor is all just capped off and the fuel line ran directly from the 2 filters to the hh dose this sound right?

Last edited:

Ja1904

hard time any where im looking ,looked here, and i have T M's on my computer can't locate IP swap, I'm not very good with computer as you can see, help would be great

Last edited:

Ja1904

M35a2 Injection pump/FDC info

Looked through the TM's and forums I am looking for pic and or info on injection pump. Main item I'm looking for is info on the parts under the FDC cause my fuel cut off lever under the hh is very loose and won't spring back there is a bracket that is attached to the other end of the linkage that flops around, hope I explained it good enough so some one can help me

Thanks!

ducer

Dude, just do a search or just read back a few days Gimpy has helped a lot of people with the same issues you are having and he provided great pictures and write up also. So easy even a cave man could do it.

Denny

Ja1904

Well I guess that a nice way to call me stupid! obviously I tried to do that and could not find what I was looking for that's why I posted this, I have been looking for 3 days now wanting to get this fixed,searched this site, I have my own TM's and was just looking for a little help, you can read all day and not always get as far as some one who has done it many times them self, just looking for a little guidance any one that would line to share some good advice for what I a looking for I would like to listen, been up stumped on this,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do not start a new thread to solve the same problem you're discussing in your other thread. This is called cross posting and is against the site rules.

I'll merge this now.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to remove: the brush guard, radiator, front valve cover (for timing). When it comes time to install the pump and time it, the engine will want to move to either side of where it needs to hold because it's not exactly on a lobe. Hard to understand until you get to that step, but you will see. Plenty more but those are the big things I remember off hand.

Ja1904

Well the reason I wanted to start a new thread it was focused on opening and repairing the injection pump assembly I do like to just toss a part just cause something is wrong, i see thats alot here, I want to try and repair if if possible, I have spent hours looking at this site every thread I found was not answering my question or they just said use TM'S or use search bar, and most of the old post that had links or anything that looked like it might help dose not work any more, I am a member to a lot of forums for other stuff, this in the hardest one to get info from in some areas, then when some one asks for help most of the time it just a generic answer if you have not done the work your self several times your probably not the person who should be replying to the post, I would rather see a site that has 20 threads of a problem and the 20 answers of repairing the problem even if they at the same! Not 20 threads of read TM's or search. what i have learned experience is the best teacher!
remember the new people that join and spend money with the sponsors are what keep the forum alive

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
for what you propose to do there is no need to remove valve cover. there are two possible timing positions, only one is right. remove shutoff cover, remove timing pointer cover (4 small bolts) turn engine until pointer under timing cover lines up with mark exactly. look in shutoff cover to see tooth with red mark is one tooth to the rear of the pointer there. if yes, swap pumps. if no, turn crankshaft one turn and recheck. swap pumps and you will want to now line up correct mark on crank front pulley, it should already be very close if not right on. check now that crank pulley timing mark lines up, IP timing mark lines up, and red tooth is one tooth to the rear of mark. (red tooth is NOT for timing as some think)

Ja1904

Dam! What a great answer that's what I need thanks! looks like u have done a few I don't know why it takes 4 pages to finally get an input from a person with knowledge of the subject. The rule should be added if you don't know then don't post it would save a lot of BS that's clogging up this forum

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks