• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New PURest air dyer install on M923A2

8madjack

I guess I confuse rebuilding with servicing, I bought the two kits and I think that's for the full rebuild, maybe the service is just doing the desiccant filter and filter on top?

I forget now I'd have to look back in the manual. Either way if it keeps my air system trouble free I don't have a problem doing either.

In addition to doing the air dryer I listened under the truck and tightened a couple of are leeks and ever since I did that service my truck will hold air overnight which makes me pretty happy compared to before it would bleed down about an hour or two after stopping.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I guess I confuse rebuilding with servicing, I bought the two kits and I think that's for the full rebuild, maybe the service is just doing the desiccant filter and filter on top?

I forget now I'd have to look back in the manual. Either way if it keeps my air system trouble free I don't have a problem doing either.

In addition to doing the air dryer I listened under the truck and tightened a couple of are leeks and ever since I did that service my truck will hold air overnight which makes me pretty happy compared to before it would bleed down about an hour or two after stopping.
air leaks will kill the engine compressor as fast as it will a dryer. One member here has rebuilt his compressor on his A2 several times and his problem is all his air leaks as the truck has to build to rebuild the tanks every 5 minutes it shuts down or it has to continuous cycle while driving.

8madjack

air leaks will kill the engine compressor as fast as it will a dryer. One member here has rebuilt his compressor on his A2 several times and his problem is all his air leaks as the truck has to build to rebuild the tanks every 5 minutes it shuts down or it has to continuous cycle while driving.
If I had that problem I would definitely chase down all my air leaks!

As it is now if I park the truck in the late afternoon early evening I'll have about 30 PSI when I check it around mid-morning or so. I know that doesn't sound pretty technical but it seems pretty good to me considering it didn't hold overnight at all before. I'll have to look through the manuals to see if there's an actual spec but what are your thoughts on that based on your experience?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If I had that problem I would definitely chase down all my air leaks!

As it is now if I park the truck in the late afternoon early evening I'll have about 30 PSI when I check it around mid-morning or so. I know that doesn't sound pretty technical but it seems pretty good to me considering it didn't hold overnight at all before. I'll have to look through the manuals to see if there's an actual spec but what are your thoughts on that based on your experience?

Should hold above 100 psi for days at a time.

You have lots of cotton jacket hoses that go across the cab to the brake pedal fittings will tend to leak in small bubbles from dry rotted hoses. They are slow.

8madjack

Should hold above 100 psi for days at a time.

You have lots of cotton jacket hoses that go across the cab to the brake pedal fittings will tend to leak in small bubbles from dry rotted hoses. They are slow.
Oh, wow! Ok, is there a upgrade you recommend for hoses or just get the same thing from one of these equipment places?

I'm going to take care of that now that I know that it's still not up to Snuff.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Oh, wow! Ok, is there a upgrade you recommend for hoses or just get the same thing from one of these equipment places?

I'm going to take care of that now that I know that it's still not up to Snuff.
You can have the hose made by a hydraulic shop.Will get a little pricey doing them all at once. Check them for leaks though with the soap bubbles... Each hose is around 6 to 8ft long so they aren't cheap. They have #8 female JIC fittings on each end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks