• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air leak exhausting though intake stack

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well I have a 931a1 sitting in my drive way, every time I would step on/hold the brakes I had air loss, you could here it from the intake stack, thought it was a brake pot rubber but after checking not be, so started reading TMs which lead to quick release valves, still not to be, then lead to relay valves but not the abs ones, still not to be, at this point the TMs state "if leak is still not fixed notify a supervisor" (yep makes a lot of sense to read the TMs), so now on my own without the tm still looking I found a valve under the front of the engine, checked it sure enough it was my leak (seal ball is broke). So after finding that I come on SS and look though a zillion 5t threads (search is not my friend) I found this

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?126598-M923a2-air-question
If I had know that was on site, it would have saved me a bunch of time, the m939 air system must have been designed by the same moron that designed the cucv and LMTV electrical systems, every thing goes to a common vent line and there is so much tubing routed like a bunch of spaghetti.

Now, does anybody know what the part number cross over is, I am taking the old one to the truck parts house to try to match it up, guess I need to go though the -p and find this thing and the numbers that go with it.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for LQ2 Replacement Limiting Quick Release Valve on EBAY, pn 229509P and paying close attention to the thread sizes on the ports. Around $30.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks