• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who knows a replacement transistor Q2 for GP module 12034592

Jake59

Hi 1St Sarge,

On my GP Module Z4 is fried ass well.
I have noticed my GP circuit has been changed to 12V.
The GP circuit is connected directly to 12V and the 2 resistors behind the air filer are completely missing; only the bracket remains.

Can I also use the same diode 1N4749A or should I use another one? And if so, could you advise me which one I should get?

Also, from what I understand I should replace the transistor D44E3 as well.

Any other advice you could give me?

Thanks,
Jake

MarcusOReallyus

Hi, Jake. FYI, 1stSarge has not been on this site for about 6 years now. He was having health problems, so....

As to your question, the resistor bypass won't affect your controller card. It works the same either way. You can buy new cards from our member AntennaClimber. He also sells them through Hillbilly Wizard. Both are members and vendors here on SteelSoldiers.

319cssb

LM339 is a quad voltage comparator. No programming needed. The voltage levels for comparisons are set by the hardware(resistor networks). Unsolder and solder new one in. Make sure you use low wattage(25 watt max) solder iron and minimal amount of heat to solder. Also make sure you use resin core solder only(not acid core or flux). The zener diode protects the transistor from voltage spikes when the transistor turns off. If one or the other of the parts has failed, make sure you replace both parts otherwise it will die again.
It's probably also a good Idea to replace these Capacitors with new ones and use a socket for the LM339. I have all of these components if any of you guys need them.

Jake59

Hi, Jake. FYI, 1stSarge has not been on this site for about 6 years now. He was having health problems, so....

As to your question, the resistor bypass won't affect your controller card. It works the same either way. You can buy new cards from our member AntennaClimber. He also sells them through Hillbilly Wizard. Both are members and vendors here on SteelSoldiers.
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the info... me being quite new here, I am not aware of many things still...

Best,
Jake

MarcusOReallyus

Here's a tip when browsing old threads. If you click on a user's name (next to every post we make is that little blurb about us), you'll be taken to that user's profile. There you can view his Activity (look for one of the three tabs, "Feedback Score", "[user]'s Activity", and "About Me"). There you can see his posts. Look to the left and you'll see links for, "Find latest posts" and "Find latest started threads". If you click on the 'latest posts' you can see the last time that user posted. If you see it's been years, well, you know there's probably not much point in addressing a question to that user. :(

Hope that helps! :beer:

Oh, yeah.... Trappiste! :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks