• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keep flame heater, or add ether start kit?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,

On my deuce, it has the manifold flame heater. I just got in an ether start kit, complete..
I really dont plan on using my deuce when it's that cold out, so its basically just for looks.. Keep the flame heater, or remove it and add the ether start kit???

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's just for looks, keep the flame heater, it was the original cold weather aid.
I would recommend that you plug the lines so that any possible fuel leak into the intake manifold is prevented.

littlebob

Bjorn,

Where would you suggest plugging it, My cousen told me to disable mine because of possible problems. I'm trying to put mine back together and shouldnt
need it in the south.
littlebob

Lax

emmado22,
I have the flame heater on my duce and I don't think it helps a whole lot in some of the cold I see. I would love to have an either kit so if you are interested in selling yours let me know. Thanks and good luck!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My flame heater is still hooked up and works. When it's cold here...30-35 degrees..brrrrr 8) ! The beast idles rough and will die unless I use it

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's a flame heater? LOL. I've never even tried one before. I deleted the one on the wrecker when I repowered it. We get down to freezing about once every 3 years and it's only for a few hours.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would fix or plug the flame heater. Then sell the ether kit on ebay or here. Finally buy a bottle of ether to keep just in case. You can reach out the passenger front window and just give it a whiff while cranking if you need it. You just made $100+ for other parts.

m38inmaine

I would remove the flame heater. I replaced mine with the ether kit. Gets rid of extra hoses, wires, potential leaks etc. When its below freezing all it takes is one flip of the switch while cranking and it starts! Seems there is always someone looking for flame heater parts, sold mine here to another ss member.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks