• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Camper Project

profo

Been here a while but don't say much usually just read alot, any way I removed the bed off of my M927 and built a camper shell for it, everything went great was even able to get MotorHome Clasification (No CDL)with a Military Collectable Classic License Plate (lifetime using serial numbers) and no plate. Been collecting a while probably 30 years and thought what the heck lets post some pictures, now looking for a few military Museums,Meets to goto any sugestions. Also thanks golden eagle for that info on Lincense stuff.

IMG_0869.jpgIMG_0865.jpgIMG_0864.jpgIMG_0863.jpgcamper 005.jpgcamper 004.jpgcamper 003.jpgcamper 002.jpgcamper 001.jpgIMG_0866.jpg

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is super nice. One of the best I've seen. If you like camping, you should follow timntrucks up to the GA Rally in Oct. For many of us, its a week in the woods.

profo

Would love to go to Ga but lil far for first run, just starting to drive truck and want to get feel of truck and make sure theres no issues, trucks got 3900 miles on it so its basically new I installed Air conditioner kit from GL with a few mods to get it to fit in the cab, Air ride seats, and theres two 15k units on the roof, wheres timntrucks leaving from never know may catch wild hair. Hers the finalized picture.IMG_0867.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to get killed for the spelling. He's in Ponchatoula LA. Lord I hope I'm close!

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is nice! I thought it was a m934 at first, but I could see you put a lot of work into it the conversion. Did you ever consider starting with a 934?

RAYZER

I'm very impressed by this rig,
It's the ultimate expadition vehicle!
I would like to know more about the box and it's construction.
is there a head and holding tanks?
Please post some pics of the systems you have installed.
The awning, folding steps and windows look great, I like it right down to the shiny green paint!
Great job and I'd like to see more!
What is that on the floor beside the bench?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm very impressed by this rig,
It's the ultimate expadition vehicle!
I would like to know more about the box and it's construction.
is there a head and holding tanks?
Please post some pics of the systems you have installed.
The awning, folding steps and windows look great, I like it right down to the shiny green paint!
Great job and I'd like to see more!
What is that on the floor beside the bench?
Somebody's got competition huh? :mrgreen:

Motiracer38

I love it. Looks like the idea I've got drawn up for my M923. Did you build to the length of the original bed? 20ft? What's the overall height on it? Any more pics or details on the subsystem?

profo

Made it longer than the original bed there was a spare tire carry bracket that I removed, moved the spare tire to under the frame behind the rear end the camper is 24 feet of flat floor then there a queen bed over the cab for kids total length is around 27 feet I use a solid sheet of 3/16 aluminum that was 8 foot by 30 for the sides and shell is sitting on 3"x6" rectangular tubing which in between is all the water/gray/sewage tanks so with all of this the camper with the air conditioners is 13' 4" tall.

frodobaggins

After seeing this in person this weekend, I am truly impressed. The workmanship was excellent, and numerous little "Oh Wows" and "That's good thinking" were said as I walked around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks