• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak from behind IP.

todds112

Still chasing down leaks, weeps, and seeps. I've got what appears to be an oil leak (not fuel) from behind and near the front of the IP. I see what looks like a rubber line from the block to the bottom of the IP. Can't tell exactly where it's leaking though. Will I be able to access this line without removing the IP? I think I'm going to have to remove the winch drive shaft to even be able to see well enough up in there. I'm trying to clean the area up with engine degreaser so I can tell better where it might be coming from. Mostly ends up as a thick greasy mess on the winch drive shaft. If it is a rubber line I'm guessing it will be in the same condition as the rubber fuel return line I replaced recently, and a likely culprit.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you can replace the oil line with out removing the IP pump, but it will test your patience!!
That line gets old and cracks and starts leaking.

todds112

Thx. Also if anyone knows the part number or a supplier, that would be awesome. I'ld rather have a replacement on hand and swap them out than take the old one out, take it to a shop (1.5 hrs away), have a replacement made, then install.

welldigger

There are 2 oil lines on the ip. One that goes from the block to the ip gear adapter and one on the bottom that links the gear adapter to the actual injector pump. Replace both just to save yourself some headache down the road.

todds112

There are 2 oil lines on the ip. One that goes from the block to the ip gear adapter and one on the bottom that links the gear adapter to the actual injector pump. Replace both just to save yourself some headache down the road.
Are they both rubber? I thought it was one continuous line. I need to get up in there and get a better look.

welldigger

Yes, they are both rubber flex lines. You should be able to see and replace both from the bottom.

I'm attempting to find the receipt from my hose shop to see if they wrote down the fitting sizes in case gimpy doesn't have any hoses left. Can't remember off hand what they were. I know they are push lock but beyond that I can't remember anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks