• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Project - 1942 Ford GPW

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GPW Final

She is just about complete. The only thing remaining is to install the summer top but I am waiting for the stencils to dry. I will post it tommorrow. Took her for two test runs and everythings seems fine. Temp and oil pressure is good and the transmission shifts great. Here are some photos:

Drivers-Side.jpg Passenger-Side.jpg Drivers-Side-Rear.jpg Passenger-Side-Rear.jpg 1942-Data-Plates.jpg Engine-1.jpg Engine-2.jpg Engine-3.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
TWM, I can not tell you how good that looks. You do it right.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Things are all buttoned up with this project. Finished stenciling the summer top. I have never used a stencil on canvas and it was interesting but came out okay. I decided to use WW2 Air Corps markings in memory of my father who was a bombardier on B-17's in the 8th Air Force, 482 Bombardment Group, 813 Bombardment Squadron and was wounded over Bremen, Germany in 1943.

I would like to thank all those SS folks who have followed my thread and provided support during the 2 years of work. This vehicle will take its place beside my WC51. Now it is time to move on to my WW2 Ben Hur trailer.

Summer-Top-Front.jpg Summer-Top-Rear.jpg Dash.jpg Shovel-and-Axe.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Things are all buttoned up with this project. Finished stenciling the summer top. I have never used a stencil on canvas and it was interesting but came out okay. I decided to use WW2 Air Corps markings in memory of my father who was a bombardier on B-17's in the 8th Air Force, 482 Bombardment Group, 813 Bombardment Squadron and was wounded over Bremen, Germany in 1943.

I would like to thank all those SS folks who have followed my thread and provided support during the 2 years of work. This vehicle will take its place beside my WC51. Now it is time to move on to my WW2 Ben Hur trailer.

View attachment 638225 View attachment 638227 View attachment 638233 View attachment 638235

OK...I was just going to do it but we're supposed to ask the owner per the :rules:

I would consider it an honor if you will allow me to nominate this MOST EXCELLENT vehicle for MV of the Month - August 2016. OR...you can do it yourself, but it DOES need to be done.:popcorn:

I believe the MB has an excellent chance of winning.:beer:

Another Ahab

View attachment 638225 View attachment 638233
TWM, I honor the memory of your Father with a silent prayer here.

My wife lost an uncle over Bremen (M.I.A.), on Thanksgiving Day in 1944, and I don't know his unit but he was a navigator in a B-24.

And I'm posting to say that witnessing your projects is like walking into a world class gallery of art and catching an eye-full of a famous painting or something.

It makes you stop in your tracks and just look while you're all the while whispering to yourself, "Wow...."

Thanks, Brother; good stuff!

art.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks