• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Project - 1942 Ford GPW

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This vehicle was in a shed for about 30 years and it was in good mechanical condition overall but extremely dirty. Took on the carburetor for a complete rebuild and got it all back together today.

Cruddy-Carb.gifRebuilt Carb.jpgGPW Carb 2.jpg

zout

NOW its TWM worthy.

TWM also straightened that frame by turning it on its side - sticking it in between the garage door and pulling on it with his tractor - turned it around and shoved on it while it was still in the door - just listen for the squeeking is a dead give away its straight.

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Freezing with ice all over today. Gee it was 84 on Saturday!!!! Anyway got into the shop and refurbished the air cleaner, water pump, dipstick and tube. Plan to start on the engine rebuild on Wednesday now that the parts are here.

Original-View.jpg GPW-Parts.jpg

zout

TWM - if that is the only way to keep you in the garage to finish that project I will continue to do my nasty rain - snow dance amoungst the gods hoping you'll finish that project and get another - HEY - wanna help me paint in the near future ?????? its warmer up here.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still fighting the crappy weather in the Texas hill country. Have been able to get a few small things done while waiting for the weather to clear and my engine block to get back from the machine shop.

Rebuilt-Fuel-Pump.jpg Cylinder-Head.jpg

Another Ahab

Still fighting the crappy weather in the Texas hill country. Have been able to get a few small things done while waiting for the weather to clear and my engine block to get back from the machine shop.

View attachment 547056 View attachment 547057
Man, your shop is clean, TWM. I mean that's great. Makes me want to work on something. I'm jealous (even to HAVE a shop)!

You maybe got a maid service or something!?

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man, your shop is clean, TMW. I mean that's great. Makes me want to work on something. I'm jealous (even to HAVE a shop)!

TWM's motto is "A place For Everything, And Everything In It's Place"!!:beer:

That's why Zout and I are not allowed to visit!!
:oops:

Another Ahab

Man, your shop is clean, TWM. I mean that's great. Makes me want to work on something. I'm jealous (even to HAVE a shop)!

TWM's motto is "A place For Everything, And Everything In It's Place"!!

That's why Zout and I are not allowed to visit!!
Did he do service? My thinking it was USN:

- Because that, brother, is what you call ship-shape

Momma is always giving me flak about it (yeah, backwards, right?). They beat it into you and then it's hard to lose it.

That's one nice shop!

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some sunshine so finished the installing the rear crossmember and front bumper gussets, shackel brackets and front bumper with the GPW wood insert. Now it is ready for final painting.

Chassis-Pic.jpgBumper-Gussets.jpgBumper-Insert.jpgBumper.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about that. Supposed to get the machined engine parts back in two weeks. I have to move on to the springs and axles next.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks