• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grote 10-34V Military LED Taillights not flashing, MRAP take offs

infidel got me

As noted in the prior posts are there usually many problems when changing over to led.other than the indicator bulb[greencover]do you normally have 2 change flashers -turn signal levers -etc or can you just install led lights and usually have them work.i want 2 change 2 led lights -i guess that if wired correctly it should be a done deal has anyone else had other problems other than noted already

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As noted in the prior posts are there usually many problems when changing over to led.other than the indicator bulb[greencover]do you normally have 2 change flashers -turn signal levers -etc or can you just install led lights and usually have them work.i want 2 change 2 led lights -i guess that if wired correctly it should be a done deal has anyone else had other problems other than noted already
In a properly wired and working system the only thing that might need to be replaced is the flasher unit or the indicator bulb. You will also need to individually ground each LED which is easily done at the mounting stud. The problem is that an incandescent system can sometimes tolerate back feeding because power can travel both ways and the bulb will still work. This can hide problems that would cause LEDs not to work.

I've read on here that some people have had luck installing LEDs and they work with the older style thermal flashers. I theorize, again it's just a theory, but the backfeeding through the indicator bulb could possibly draw enough amps to make the thermal flasher operate correctly.

There are just so many different scenerios to take into account when saying an LED swap will be easy. Brand of the light, incorrect wiring, deterioated wiring, shorts, bad grounds, backfeeding can all make it difficult. I've read that Grote uses resistors in their lights to compensate for the lighter electrical load on the flasher where Truck-lite does not. Not sure how true this is, but my Grotes worked from day one where I had to do alot of testing to get the Truck-lites to work.

Hope this helps.

infidel got me

Swamp donkey-i thank you 4 all the tech. Ins/outs on the leds.i will put a set on mine and hope 4 the best.thanks again to all that helped diag.problem again learned something i wont forget.
Infidel

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swamp donkey-i thank you 4 all the tech. Ins/outs on the leds.i will put a set on mine and hope 4 the best.thanks again to all that helped diag.problem again learned something i wont forget.
Infidel
No problem. If they don't work correctly after you install them just post the symptoms here and we'll figure it out.

Amer-team

Turn Signals not working.

Thank you for this older post. Old post, but new truck to me with the same problem. The tech advice still works. Pulled the bulb out of the turn signal unit and turn signals worked. Will be looking for the BA9S LED bulb tomorrow. Local Auto parts store didn't have it, but am sure one of the truck shops will. This has been an intermittent problem so I have already looked at bulbs and cleaned grounds to no avail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks