• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need dimensional help with GPW part

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyone who can give me the following measurements on a early model oil fill dipstick?

1. Length of dipstick from the bottom of the cap to the end of the dipstick.

2. Length from the bottom of fill cap to the "fill" line.

3. Length from the bottom of fill cap to the "empty" line.

4. Diameter of the round disk near the middle of the dipstick and the length from the bottom of the cap to the disk.

I have the cap and a dipstick I can modify but just need the measurements.

Thanks.
Dipstick Gage.jpgAlignment Disk.jpg

GPWWLA

I see this a few months old and I don't know if you still need the help. Would the dipstick differ from Willy's to Ford? If not, I can measure the one from my 41 MB.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dipsticks should be the same length. The early GPW oil gauge had a loop handle on the top versus the two ears on the MB and later GPW

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks