• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need help v-100 ownership

plasmacutter

thanks for all the advice and member wisdom, with help i was able to put a title in my hand.
my XM706E2 is being media blasted and prepared for paint i will have pictures posted soon
thanks again guys

Rickv100

Where are you located in NJ plasma cutter? I have all the V100 manuals and more if you need assistance.

Rick

saddamsnightmare

April 20th, 2016..

Better check to see that the V100 left US Government hands legally, otherwise no amount of monkeying around to get a title will extinguish their ownership claims. Remember the demil code changes can sink your regular trucks in a heartbeat, and armor would be subject to it quicker. Sometimes the hiding of U.S.Government property can get you in even deeper trouble if the disposal wasn't OK originally...... The price of a good lawyer is peace of mind in this case.;)

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
April 20th, 2016..

Remember the demil code changes can sink your regular trucks in a heartbeat, and armor would be subject to it quicker.
Not really sure what you mean by this. Once out and legally out, demil code changes have no effect on privately owned armor or trucks. Only time a change in demil codes can affect a vehicle or item is if it has not been released.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's say congress passes a law stating that all US released armor or trucks have to be demiled, this would only apply to armor that was released by the US DoD and not stuff brought in from overseas including US stuff that was given to other countries unless there was an agreement in place that stated what would happen to it when the foreign country was finished. Most of these agreements were not in place until mid-1970s when the us.gov became paranoid. Let's just say that they did force previously released armor to have to be demiled, that year, I would get a very nice federal tax credit (not deduction) applied on my taxes for the diminished value of the vehicle, might even get a small refund that year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks