• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVPA winter Rally Central florida

FloridaAKM

Nope, it started out with Warren Zevon's, Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner about 17:00 & played on thru the night. That stopped for a while, as the movie,"Kelly's Heros" played onscreen @ a high volume till the movie was over. Then the loud music picked up & kept going for hours...along with the fireworks the popped off every so often. The Police didn't show up till Saturday night. You had to be there or you missed it all.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, it started out with Warren Zevon's, Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner about 17:00 & played on thru the night. That stopped for a while, as the movie,"Kelly's Heros" played onscreen @ a high volume till the movie was over. Then the loud music picked up & kept going for hours...along with the fireworks the popped off every so often. The Police didn't show up till Saturday night. You had to be there or you missed it all.
I knew i did not want to be there for saturday night, that is why i left saturday at 5:00 PM.

Last edited:

Lindsaym151

Ok ,
Lets stop all the rumors and grandious recolections of Saturday night!
Heres what happened!
The music was WAY to LOUD , WAY to long and choice of lyrics was questionable .
I was approached by the county Sheriffs dept @ 12.45 am.
I was asked to make an attempt to stop the VULGER ,LOUD music !
Curfue in MT DORA is 11pm.
The sheriff's office received 10 complaint calls. A Deputy was dispatched to the sciene and I was approached as the governing body . I was asked to make one (and one only)attempt to quiet the situation.
I went to the offending party and asked them to PULL the plug and that request was meet with some ATTITUDE! with was Quelled abruptly by me!
The music was turned off and all was quiet for the rest of the night!

This will not happen EVER again!
I have talked to the people involved ( When cooler and more sober thoughts) prevail.

I can guarantee this will not happen again!
And yes they where ready to pull in 6-8 cruiser's and clean up that mess!
The Sheriff's Dept was VERY COOOL dealing with this problem and gave us EXTREME leeway to handle This on our own!
Next year 11 pm NO LOUD MUSIC! I got on an average of 2-3 hrs of sleep a night for 5 nights!
I WONT TOLERATE THAT NEXT YEAR!
This is a family event and promoted that way!
The FRAT party can be held at one of the local hotels!

RAYZER

Well, in spite of the "noise" piss off factor, i had a great time!
On the positive side of things, the new rally swapmeet location was awesome! There were some good deals to be had and i left with less junk and more cash than I arived with!
I also had the pleasure of meeting some new friends and putting some faces to names!
In my opinion, this event is worth the effort to attend, I'm sure that by next year's event the kinks will be worked out (thanks to Lindsay and staff) so to make things more enjoyable for all.
As for Me, I'll be back!

My Son Nathan, his girl Pebbles and their little dog Sophie had a great time also!
uploadfromtaptalk1426690819587.jpg

captianworkbench

Long time Lurker here.... I am the gent who brought the Ural motorcycle up to the rally. I would like to also say that I had a nice time on Saturday. I have known about the event for several years but due to the schedule change this was the first year that I was actually able to attend. I enjoyed very much the opportunity to meet several of you. (I shook a lot of hands and said hello but I must admit I don't remember names) The vehicles were also awesome and I enjoyed picking up a few odds and ends from the vendors. The trail ride was especially enjoyable for me, and speaking of which, I spoke with one gent who said he got a good picture of me going over that big sand mound on my Ural. I never did connect with him. So if anyone has any pictures of that I would love to have one. Also, I wanted to ask about one of the vendors at the show. They were located under a white canopy over near where the Ferret was parked. I neglected to write down their website and wanted to purchase something else from them. Anyone remember who they were. Lastly, I wanted to ask if there were members in attendance who are also ham radio operators interested in military radios. I saw several radios at the show in static display, but was wondering if anyone tinkers around with such things. I have a few green radios myself. Maybe next year I will camp one night with you guys... but bring my earplugs... Thanks for letting me be part of such a fun event!! -Albert

Another Ahab

Long time Lurker here.... I am the gent who brought the Ural motorcycle up to the rally. Lastly, I wanted to ask if there were members in attendance who are also ham radio operators interested in military radios. I saw several radios at the show in static display, but was wondering if anyone tinkers around with such things. I have a few green radios myself. Maybe next year I will camp one night with you guys... but bring my earplugs... Thanks for letting me be part of such a fun event!! -Albert
Earplugs won't be necessary; every event has a natural learning curve and Lyndsaym151 is making sure that doesn't happen again (see post #87).

Love the Urals, captianworkbench; and welcome. Hope you'll post a picture of your bike in your own thread so we can all give you a proper welcome!

Last edited:

Whiterabbit

It was nice meeting you at the show. There was a few hacks running around! I have a soft spot for them seeing I have a 2wd in my garage getting built up from the ground up.

FloridaAKM

This was my first time as an exhibitor & a vendor, so it was a steep learning curve. That said, it was major fun all around; I was able to see old acquaintances & meet new friends in the hobby to attach a face to a screen name. The problems were like a persistent mosquito that you just ignored & it sort of went away. I will be back next year, with lessons learned to make things better. Remember, this was the first rally in Mt. Dora, it takes a few runs to smooth it all out. Thanks to all of you guys & gals for making it possible & memorable. Thank you Lyndsaym151 , for making it possible!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello looks like that would have been me. if you can't find what you need or you need some help navigating the website you can give me a call at 706 795 5979.

sorry I didn't read the post earlier I'm pretty much been swamped working on my M1009 ever since I had a battery explode on it on my way back from the Florida rally!

Another Ahab

Hello looks like that would have been me. if you can't find what you need or you need some help navigating the website you can give me a call at 706 795 5979.

sorry I didn't read the post earlier I'm pretty much been swamped working on my M1009 ever since I had a battery explode on it on my way back from the Florida rally!
Whoa. Glad nobody got hurt.

Was this while you were underway, and moving? I've never heard of that happening before; must have scared everybody right good.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whoa. Glad nobody got hurt.

Was this while you were underway, and moving? I've never heard of that happening before; must have scared everybody right good.
Luckily nobody hurt but it took out both my Alternators front battery all my lights on Driver-side of truck except headlight, took out my flashers and or blinkers popped my Phone charger and fan and seems to have shorted my horn out! Looks like the Emergency Flasher Relay may have been the culprate for this devastating but returnable blow! The Relay had a DI-OD in the back of it in the wire harness between fuse box and fire wall that fried and kept on frying cooking some wires! Got the truck up and running for the most part but Im running on a 12volt system now!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks