• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear bumper for M1008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvrotter

I have a buddy who wants to trade me a excellent condition rear bumper for some MRE's that I have. Although my bumper is a little tweeked where the pintle mount is but I really see no reason to change it. I would probably do the trade if the bumper is worth something and I could resale it.
So what's the value of one nowadays? Are they a dime a dozen or worth a few bucks?

fitz

I just bought a spare bumper for my M1028. I didn't need it, but I spotted 1 in excellent cond on Craigslist complete with the pintle hitch, D rings, black out lights, and all the brackets. I paid $150 for it. Hopefully I never have to use it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel like a thief. Earlier this year I bought a pretty nice one from the Upick yard for $40.

cucvrus

Recovry :Just go back walk in the you pull yard and give the guy another $100.. That make you both feel better. I would not sell a complete one for less then $300.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's OK. They set the price, not me! I passed along the savings to another member.

I picked up a bumper take off was missing the blackout lights but had everything else. I paid 100 bucks for it. Ended up putting on my m1009 and had to cut the frame back a bit and weld it all up. One of the best mods for use I've done to the 09. But can't say I would have paid a penny over $150.00.

fitz

Its a safe bet to say that you guys from Florida & California will have better access to rust free parts (and probably cheaper) then those of us from the rust belt. My M1028 that I drive daily (weather permitting) came from North Carolina and is rust free.
I have 3 parts trucks (1 M1028 & 2 M1008's) that have been in Massachusetts for many years. All 3 parts trucks have rot holes in the rear bumpers. The rear bumper that I bought on Craigllist for $150 gives my piece of mind. I like having spare parts sitting around.

Ken Reid

I'm looking for a rear bumper for my 1986 M1008 if anyone has a NOS stock one, looking for NOS back seat cover for the bench seat. Found the bottom. Or if someone knows where to find these. Also has anyone replaced their dash lights with LED bulbs? Thanks in advance for reply, Ken

Last edited:

ridenby

I'm looking for a rear bumper for my 1986 M1008 if anyone has a NOS stock one, looking for NOS back seat cover for the bench seat. Found the bottom. Or if someone knows where to find these. Also has anyone replaced their dash lights with LED bulbs? Thanks in advance for reply, Ken
I have a Bumper,mounts,tow points, blackouts. $700+shipping. Can send you some pics.

Matt5

Banned
Yep, cause we don't have a "wanted" section right? Nah I read a thread then noticed it was a necro so none of it is even valid anymore... prices from 5 years ago are kinda useless.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, cause we don't have a "wanted" section right? Nah I read a thread then noticed it was a necro so none of it is even valid anymore... prices from 5 years ago are kinda useless.
And instead of posting useful information for the newer guy that bumped this thread up with a link to the " [h=2]Parts wanted[/h]
" section ,your a Richard and post crap totally unrelated to this thread.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken,

If you need parts please post in the Classified section under Parts Wanted.

The LED dash light question has come up many times here and there are numerous threads that can be found on that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks