• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ARTILLERY ROAD, CLARKSVILLE TENN GL SITE What is it like ? cow pasture? Any GL help?

61sleepercab

Anyone ever make a pick up at Artillery Road, Clarksville, Tennessee ? Gl site say no assistance and the site pictures I have seen resemble a hay field with vehicles stacked literally side by side in rows. Is this a lot in the middle of nowhere? Is there any tow company in the area? I would like to know how anyone else has found this site for pickup? Any problems in the past. Thanks for any info. Mark

Chief_919

I believe it's out near the firing ranges.
I am pretty sure all those trucks are out at the Range Control lot where they park all the stuff they drug out to be used as targets on the various ranges.

If memory serves that is actually on a part of the road/post that is outside the gated boundaries and you can drive right up to it, but it has been a little while since I was there.

Al Harvey

Went by there today, it is a ways from post out at the Range Control lot. I forgot how far out it is. In case your curious there is no loading docks out there. Also, just a reminder when looking at GL, always look at what category the item is being sold under. Could affect (or is it effect? I always forget) your future plans.

Last edited:

61sleepercab

I bid but did not do any good. Why in the world did they wedge truck side to side touching? I figured to let tires low on opposite side of parked trucks next to me, and pull truck out and air up neighbor's tires. How would you pull one out without greasing the sides?

Al Harvey

When I viewed them they had moved them and seperated all of them. I didn't get any, could get the internet goin here.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to bid but got tied up today and didn't get a chance.

It was a scrap sale so no sf97. Most were in terrible shape and will either take a whole bunch of work to make a usable truck or a parts truck.

Monkeyboyarmy

The sale was "industrial,marine and vehicular" . No where on there did it say anything about scrap or no sf97's. At least that is argument when I show up.

gerrykan

The sale was "industrial,marine and vehicular" . No where on there did it say anything about scrap or no sf97's. At least that is argument when I show up.
What was the Sale number?

TRANSFER OF TITLE TO VEHICLES: Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6000).
Source: http://www.govliquidation.com/c/terms.html#Section_5:_TRANSFER_OF_TITLE

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went back to look at the trucks but can't seem to find them. Anybody got the event number?

I may be wrong but I thought in the quantity it was listed as pounds. That usually dictates a scrap sale.

Gerrykan, that info is outdated. It used to be true that 6,000 and up were scrap sales but GL has run out of numbers below 6,000 for the non-scrap sales and had to start using numbers above 6K.

Al Harvey

I'll look tonight if I get enough internet, I've got the event number in my closed watchlist. It also said in the description that mutilation was not required which means it's a scrap sale 9 times out of 10.

My buddy called GL and they told him it was a scrap auction. He is less than thrilled. He's trying to figure out what to do next. No where did it say that. If it was scrap why list the mileage and payload?

Brett

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went back and looked at a few of the lots. I was right, quantity is listed in pounds so that indicates a scrap sale. The don't say anything about it in the description though.

I wouldn't plan on driving anything away from there.

Monkeyboyarmy

I just went through all of my previous invoices for "industrial, marine and vehicular" sales. Always had the opportunity to get a form 97....even the sales that said "see terms and conditions about GL titling policy" . Doesn't look like there is a local contact number either...just AZ number.

Al Harvey

I went back to look at the trucks but can't seem to find them. Anybody got the event number?

I may be wrong but I thought in the quantity it was listed as pounds. That usually dictates a scrap sale.

Gerrykan, that info is outdated. It used to be true that 6,000 and up were scrap sales but GL has run out of numbers below 6,000 for the non-scrap sales and had to start using numbers above 6K.
The event number was 9603. Sorry I didn't try getting on last night.

If you wanted to even try to drive them, be aware, the fluids were drained from each of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks