• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 M1009 6 lug Spindle Socket?

The Baron

I have a 1984 M1009. I really need to change my wheel bearings. The 1984s have that 6 lug spindle nut in it and I can't seem to find the right tool. I picked up a 6 lug socket, part number W1270, from O'Rielly's, however from what I can tell it's too big. I also looked up the tool listed in the TM, but that socket has only 5 teeth on it so I'm not sure if that's what I need. Does anyone know where I can get the right socket for this job? Also if you can, list the part number. Thanks.

The Baron

For anyone with a 1984 Blazer who has the six pin locknut, aside from taping it out and replacing it, your best bet is picking up a Kent Moore J34616 off of Ebay for 10 or so dollars. The six-lug sockets you find at most auto stores are way too big and won't work.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks