• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any more power from IP?

tbone4sure

I am buying a m35 with the Hercules multi fuel in it. (Non turbo) I want to know if I can gain any HP by fiddling with the IP. I would think more fuel is more hp like most diesels, but, I'm going to ask the experts. (You guys). If that is the case how would I go about turning the pump up? A detailed explanation would be most appreciated. Thanks.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
no more power without adding turbo, and then still a very slow truck, just like it was designed to be. turning up ip on non turbo just wastes fuel and overheats the engine.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Get a pyrometer and a turbo kit, you won't be disappointed. Its all bolt on, nothing custom(other than drilling a hole and threading it).

dezert ratt

I bypassed my fdc the other day and have been monitoring the boost and egt. I have recently jumped up to 395 size tires and the truck could barely maintain speed on flat ground. Egt was 850 degrees and about 5 psi boost.
Now I am pushing 1000 degrees on flat ground and will jump to 1200 if I stay in the throttle uphill, also 15 psi boost is the highest I've seen on my gauge.
Yes tweaking the ip will make more power, and the truck will be more driveable, but there is a trade off. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413853036.555459.jpg
P.s. My truck has a d turbo, and I wouldn't suggest turning the fuel up on a N/A truckView attachment 523140

Last edited:

brianp454

I agree with these guys, adding a pyro sould be the 1st, turbo 2nd, and bypassing the FDC 3rd. There's lots of info on here on the subjects, although you do have to sift through some chaff. You'll find that some people on here have a habit of posting good info, others not so much. I have a small number of youtube videos such as the FDC bypass if you're interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks