• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil/Trans Cooler lines

Dozer11B

Pulled my radiator and power steering pump this weekend to replace them both.

Had to cut some of the metal lines as they were seized in there.

I read a review stating that the aftermarket lines might not be as good a quality as the OE stuff.

Does anyone know where I can find the hard oil cooler lines that crossover the radiator as well as the transmission cooler lines?

I've been searching GM parts suppliers and they don't seem to have what I am looking for.

Parts TMs state that the trans cooler lines are made from a certain part number, but I would like to find some prebent lines.

I found some on LMC, but not sure of the quality.

When I search the TMs for the oil cooler lines it shows me the rubber sections in the winterization kit.

Thanks in advance.

cdnm1009

Any hydraulic shop would be able to make them for you. Not sure on what it would cost though. I was looking into the same thing a couple years ago as I had the rad out and twisted up the old lines getting them off. The dealership told me the vehicle was obsolete and they dont carry the lines. My truck will still be running years after the crap on his lot is in the wrecking yard. Luckily I was able to salvage the lines I had. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

cliffyp

2 years ago or so I pulled the radiator and twisted one of the lines. Parts guy at my local chevy dealer was able to locate me one. I guess he had access to a lot of places inventory, came in from Canada if I remember correctly.

Dozer11B

Yup. Parts guy at the local dealership said it didn't exist anymore and he referred me to someone I town who might be able to make them.

Left a message with him and I also have the local salvage yard checking their lot for me as well.

Thanks for the help gents.

cucvrus

Go get yourself a coil of 5/16" hard line. I believe the trans lines are 5/16" .Get an inexpensive tubing bender and go at it. The transmission lines are fairly easy to make and they do not have to be exactly like the factory lines. Just bend them neatly and keep them away from contacting other parts. Try to get them as close as possible to the OEM and use the line holder that is on the oil pan. Cross them over the lower transmission cover and use a P clip and bolt them in place there. I have a few of the hard aluminum cross over lines that I would be willing to part with for a fee. I have OEM new and used. Send me a message if I can help. I think that you can buy the transmission lines from an aftermarket company. Maybe even the engine oil cooler lines. Look in any of the 4 wheel and off road magazines. I see ads all the time for these parts. I never bought any transmission lines I always made them myself. I hope that is helpful to you. Good Luck with your project. Note you will need a double flaring tool to flare the ends of the transmission cooler lines.

Dozer11B

I found the trans cooler lines at LMC. Part # 34-5718.

For the oil cooler lines I'll go with these Dorman parts for now:

Inlet: RNB-625-154

Outlet: RNB-625-155

Maybe get some new ones made later.

Thanks again guys.

cucvrus

Hey thank you for the Dorman part numbers on the oil cooler hoses. They are a good price in comparison to the OEM GM parts when they were available. I was having them made up locally but that is costly. These Dormans are 625-154 $31.10 and 625-155 $34.72. Good deal. As always it is best to replace them in pairs. Thank you for the information. The Dorman site does not list them for the 1984 K-5 Blazer with 6.2 diesel but none the same they did list them for the 1984 K30 6.2 Diesel. Works the same. Thank you. I put that information in my 20P manual.

Last edited:

goldneagle

I found the trans cooler lines at LMC. Part # 34-5718.

For the oil cooler lines I'll go with these Dorman parts for now:

Inlet: RNB-625-154

Outlet: RNB-625-155

Maybe get some new ones made later.

Thanks again guys.
DO NOT GO WITH DORMAN PART they do not fit properly! You can get the AC Delco ones Amazon cheaper than the DORMAN.

cucvrus

What don't fit about them? And what is the AC Delco part number. Maybe I will just stick to getting them made up locally. I never had any problems with them. It seems that nothing fits on this site. Someone always has issues with each others parts options. I am so confused. I never had so many nay sayers in one spot. Is Dorman aware of the lines not fitting correctly? And if that is true that they don't fit it would be good of us to let them know. Maybe they had a bad run of them. Well anyway. I don't really need any oil cooler lines right now or any time soon so I won't worry about it. I just wanted to thank the man for the Dorman part numbers. A little tweaking of the aluminum ends is probably all that they need. Unless you are telling me the threads are different or they are to short. I don't know. Good OEM parts are getting harder to find and the ones that are out there could just be knock offs. Thank you for the information and if you have a part number for AC Delco I can add that as well to my 20P as well.

Dozer11B

What don't fit about them? And what is the AC Delco part number. Maybe I will just stick to getting them made up locally. I never had any problems with them. It seems that nothing fits on this site. Someone always has issues with each others parts options. I am so confused. I never had so many nay sayers in one spot. Is Dorman aware of the lines not fitting correctly? And if that is true that they don't fit it would be good of us to let them know. Maybe they had a bad run of them. Well anyway. I don't really need any oil cooler lines right now or any time soon so I won't worry about it. I just wanted to thank the man for the Dorman part numbers. A little tweaking of the aluminum ends is probably all that they need. Unless you are telling me the threads are different or they are to short. I don't know. Good OEM parts are getting harder to find and the ones that are out there could just be knock offs. Thank you for the information and if you have a part number for AC Delco I can add that as well to my 20P as well.
From what I read in this thread, the AC Delco lines will fit, but will require some work to make them fit right.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...CV-Oil-Cooler-Line-Failure&highlight=AC+Delco

EDIT: Meant to say Dorman. But I got mine in and they do NOT fit. Angles are all wrong.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Dorman lines interfere with each other and the cab floor. Also, the holder for the lines does not work with them.

goldneagle

The Dorman lines interfere with each other and the cab floor. Also, the holder for the lines does not work with them.
The A C Delco Oil Cooler lines were a perfect fit in my M1008. The Dorman were not even close. They interfered with the shifter linkage. The mechanic tried to fit them for 2 hours and ended up braking one. We had to use the old line until I found the AC Delco ones on AMAZON. Paid less for the AC Delco than Dorman.

Hasdrubal

What don't fit about them? It seems that nothing fits on this site. Someone always has issues with each others parts options. I am so confused. I never had so many nay sayers in one spot. Is Dorman aware of the lines not fitting correctly? And if that is true that they don't fit it would be good of us to let them know. Maybe they had a bad run of them.
You indeed are confused. You speak of Dorman as if its a reputable local manufacturer. Why not call and tell them a part doesn't fit. Ha! Its just an english sounding name brand. All their stuff is cheap garbage made in China with terrible tolerances and poor fitment. Stay away from anything made by these losers.

cucvrus

All I ask for was the AC Delco part number. And right away we get into an opinion thing. Thank you Mr Doghead for some clarity on the fit issues with the Dorman lines. I was unaware that they had that type of issue. I pictured it being a minor tweak of the aluminum ends at the engine and done with it. Even the OEM lines were a hassle sometimes to get to fit into the bracket and clear everything. Towards the end of the GM OEM replacement parts for the CUCV I seen many of the GM parts that were made in China. Made in China does not always mean garbage. I try to steer clear of that (Made in China) logo but it gets very difficult at this point in time. LMC is the capital of Chinese knock off parts. And many members on this site reference them for replacement parts. Not because they want to but because they need the part and that may be the only way to get it. Most times a good used OEM parts are twice as good as a generic knock off part. And many times if the part is not available in a quality that you want. Good old American quality ingenuity kicks in. But if you are going that route make it fit nice,fit properly and make it functional. Good Luck with your project.

Dozer11B

All I ask for was the AC Delco part number. And right away we get into an opinion thing. Thank you Mr Doghead for some clarity on the fit issues with the Dorman lines. I was unaware that they had that type of issue. I pictured it being a minor tweak of the aluminum ends at the engine and done with it. Even the OEM lines were a hassle sometimes to get to fit into the bracket and clear everything. Towards the end of the GM OEM replacement parts for the CUCV I seen many of the GM parts that were made in China. Made in China does not always mean garbage. I try to steer clear of that (Made in China) logo but it gets very difficult at this point in time. LMC is the capital of Chinese knock off parts. And many members on this site reference them for replacement parts. Not because they want to but because they need the part and that may be the only way to get it. Most times a good used OEM parts are twice as good as a generic knock off part. And many times if the part is not available in a quality that you want. Good old American quality ingenuity kicks in. But if you are going that route make it fit nice,fit properly and make it functional. Good Luck with your project.
This is what I did find man for the rubber lines going to the block:

ACDELCO Part # 12472199
ACDELCO Part # 12472200

I THINK this is what I need to replace my hard lines going into the radiator:

ACDELCO Part # 12472195
ACDELCO Part # 12472196

Rockauto:

1984 CHEVROLET K5 BLAZER 6.2L 379 cubic inch V8 DIESEL : Engine : Oil Cooler Line

If anyone can confirm that would be awesome.

bkwudzhom

Oill cooler line repair

Hope you can source a set of hard lines from a junker.. When you do take it to the local NAPA or other that makes hoses and they are able to cut off the old crimp and reuse the stock fittings--Cost me $15--Keep up with the o rings unless someone has a part number for them!!! Good luck!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part numbers can be confirmed by referencing the parts TM.

Dozer11B

Amazon had ACDelco 12472199 and 12472200 as well as the lower oil cooler pipe 14061345. Nalley has that one as well.

Nalley also lists the upper oil cooler pipe as 15549142 in place of 14061344. The website said the earliest it fits is the 1987 model years. They also state that 14061345 fits 1985 model years, which I know is BS after checking the TM.

Hopefully the upper pipe fits.

usmcpatriot

The Dorman number you gave are the same ones I got for my 84 M1008. They work for me, at the point where they touch, I cut some rubber tubing, and placed them around the lines. No problem. Had them in through two winters 3 summers. Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks