• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Inj Pump fuel leak

randygk

Our M923A1 runs fine but seems to need priming the fuel pump after setting for a month. Not a big deal until today when I noticed fuel dripping from the back (cab side) of the pump when idling.
If my research is correct it's coming out of the fuel damper on the bottom. Doesn't appear to be coming out of the hole. Is this a serviceable part (replacing gaskets and/or internal parts) or do I replace the whole unit.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
RandyFuel Damper - Copy.jpg

randygk

I ask these questions first to avoid a gotcha or oh crap moment like " be careful there's a spring that flies out when you remove it, once you break the seal, or no user serviceable parts inside". I found the fuel pump damper parts view in the TM and removed it no problem. Going to Cummins dealer today to get the parts. They had all the matching part numbers in stock except for one, and they think that number has changed several times to a new part number they have. The fuel pump gasket kit listed by Stickey (who is this guy) has the parts for the damper in it, but cost is $ 97.00. The separate parts are about $ 20.00. Also found my pump inlet fitting slightly loose, probably my loss of prime issue. If not I will look at the primer pump and hose.
Will post results.
Randy

randygk

Cummins dealer was very helpful. Replaced all parts in the damper and changed the fuel inlet fitting O ring. No leaks and will have to give it time to see if the prime issue is solved.

dstang97

I have a pump leaking from the same place. How did you Make out fixing the leak? Do you still have the Cummins numbers?

Choppers

You did have to pull the pump, right?

Did mine by pulling the pump.

Way beyond my skills and tools.

Got -r - done.

Haven't blown up or caught on fire.

randygk

Seeing my old post caught me by surprise. Yes it did fix the leak, no didn't need to pull the pump. The loss of prime was the flex supply hose to the pump, didn't leak fluid, but sucked air.
I sold the truck when moving to Idaho in mid 2017. I see a few 5 tons here in the treasure valley, sure miss that truck.
You all be safe, enjoy the green stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks