• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rust neutralizers? Am I in fantasyland here?

vj

rust treatment

i get my[ rust treatment ] from napa, item765-1232 1 pt. that it name[ rust treatment ] guraranteed or you money back, this stuff been around for years, just different names, it white, then turns black, brush or sponge it on, it goes a long way too. i,v used it over the years, it allways worked good for me. this last bottle i got was 25 dollars, its not cheap, i have tryed por 15 but it thick and looks like black glass, but it good for any thing with a lot of small holes, pin holes, it not cheap also. also eastwood carries rust treaters, but cost a lot. so if you try it, let us know what you think, wendell [ four halftracks, ww2 m426 5tonsemi, 3 jeeps, ]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try GOOGLE'ing "NAVAL JELLY" for interesting reading. My Grandfather, Father & Uncle all swore by the stuff. Your thread prompted me to learn more about it. The Jelly we always used was a rub-on, then hose-off exercise. Easy, Complete, and NEVER has rust through the paint after use. (I haven't read the MSDS on it so don't know the environmental impact):idea:

Plane Fast

Try GOOGLE'ing "NAVAL JELLY" for interesting reading. My Grandfather, Father & Uncle all swore by the stuff. Your thread prompted me to learn more about it. The Jelly we always used was a rub-on, then hose-off exercise. Easy, Complete, and NEVER has rust through the paint after use. (I haven't read the MSDS on it so don't know the environmental impact):idea:
Well this is an old thread... But I'm going after rust on my 5 ton. Hate rust!!:-x
I have always use Ospho image.jpg with good results. It just does not seem to work well if the surface is vertical. I went looking for naval jelly that I have used in the past. The only one I found locally is made by Loctite. Pure garbage! I have mouth wash with more kick. It would not touch rust I applied it to. (Dirt and grease free) It looked the same as the old stuff but that's it. I even left it overnight. No luck. image.jpg

I use Evapo-rust for small parts. This stuff works very well. I use it on parts I can submerge. (Nuts and bolts etc..) They come out looking new. image.jpg

I tried this as well. It did convert the rust. The only thing is it dries like Elmers glue. So it will chip off with your fingernail and can not be used with latex or zinc. (Not Good for an undercoat)image.jpg

So with all this. What are you guys using to get into the nooks and crannies? I have found if there is any unprimed rust the Behr paint will show it. (Tan truck)
Thanks

infidel got me

Is there a good material to use to prevent rust developing in the channeling, floorboards, & undercarriage? I just bought an M38A1 in very good condition, rust-wise. Since I live in NJ, where they use copious amounts of salt in the winter and they say the salt can take out a jeep undercarriage in a couple of seasons, I want to prevent it with a good undercarriage dubbing. I don't intend to use it in sloppy conditions, but it'll still be outdoors a lot. Any suggestions from the vets for a fng?? Many thanks!
You can put ospho in a pump sprayer and get the inside of your doors and frame rails (hard to reach areas) I would rather spend a few bucks up front to keep the rust demon at bay, then fight him when he sinks his teeth in your prized mv.

Flyingvan911

I also use OSPHO. I get as much rust off with a wire brush of one sort or another first. For small parts I'll submerge them in it. For big parts I'll use a brush and paint it on.

infidel got me

Henkel adhesives is the one we used. Some of the heavy areas need a little finesse, but overall worked good. To tell you the truth I had only used this brand, maybe the completion has a better brand---Idk?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks