• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iola 2015 convoy planning

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are planning to go to the old car show and swap meet in Iola Thursday. It is only 140 miles for us, but we are planning to drive half way tonight and set up camp in the Black River State Forest. Maybe we will set up camp at Spaulding Pond or Potter Flowage rustic camp sites. It is a great chance to check the road conditions and traffic patterns. Every year I get lost on my way home where Hwy 10 has the new section and end up in Marshfield.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Smooth trip. No construction, traffic was not bad except on Hwy 10 and 39 moved fast, way faster than 45mph. I'm a little nervous with the deuce next month.

nchittendon

If I don't get the work done on my truck I want to get done, I won't be brining it. But I will be going no matter what. With trying to sell our house I'm running out of time quick.

tcruwithme

I know what you mean, Neil. My truck is leaking fuel into the crankcase, and I have to bypass the FDC and remove the manifold flame heater. It's parked 90 miles away from where I live, so I hope I can get this done before the trip. Otherwise, I don't want to drive it that far in its current condition.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm on the same page. The red truck is out. Just too many loose ends...and I did not pay attention to the time needed to get Hobbyist plates.
I insured and licensed the yellow GMC today. We are giving her the once over and the test driving on the highway begins in the morning.

nchittendon

Update: So, I am not able to take my truck at this time. If a small miracle happens between now and then, I will. But the odds are not in my favor. Way too much other stuff taking my time like getting our house ready to sell so we can buy a bigger one.

My crew is still coming though. We have two site reserved at Iola, and are bringing a camper and pickup to haul parts we procure.

Anyone else still in my area, or coming through my area, we will be willing to convoy with you still. Our current plan is to leave Thursday the 6th early afternoon. As of right now, call it 14:00.

nchittendon

Thursday night I will be in search of fire, and a place to park my chair and talk trucks. I may or may not have some drinks while sitting. And I may or may not keep you talking and not let you sleep.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks