• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1977 Dodge M886

cucvrus

Well I know this is going to be hard to believe but I found another military vehicle inside of a barn/barn yard of a local farm. That is 2 in less then 6 months. I have been pretty good at finding things setting. I am like American pickers. People call me whenever they see camouflage or OD. Be it green black or tan. It is a 1977 Dodge M886. Complete. I cranked it over after I put a battery in it but could not get it to start. It was used until 2012 from what I saw inside. The CAP had it. The engine has spark but lacks fuel. It cranks fine. It was getting dark and I did not want to work in the dark. So I left it go for the day. I am not sure what it was worth but I bought it anyway. I am not a huge Mopar fan but I knew I would be able to find someone that would like this old girl. Some GI took great pride in painting 318 CID Magnum on the air filter housing. They did a nice job. I will get pictures tomorrow and try to post them. The good wife will be here to help me. Any ideas on what one of these are worth 65,000 miles and newer radial tires. The back is just a box. And the 3 position military switch is missing from the dash. Please share your thoughts.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one in the classifieds for comparison.
The old diaphragm fuel pumps take a long time to get the fuel from the tank after sitting.
I usually use a bottle to trickle gas into the carb until it builds pressure.

cucvrus

Pictures of the M886 it lives again

Nice day today in South Central PA. I went over and started the M886 up and fixed the tire and took it for a drive. It runs good on the 2 year old gas. But I am not a huge Dodge fan. I will be looking for a new home for this machine. I drove it up and down the road and took it cross country. It worked well and ran well. And as promised I have pictures for all to see. Enjoy. I will 4 wheel this truck next weekend and run some fresh gas thru it. It started right up after I pumped the gas pedal good and left it run a few minutes. Here are the pictures I took today. I think it has great power for a 318. And I was surprised it had power steering and brakes.

Attachments

Last edited:

cucvrus

More pictures

036.jpg035.jpg034.jpg033.jpgI hope you don't mind the pictures I am posting. I will be looking for someone to make this historical vehicle a happy home. It would be a cool inexpensive vehicle for someone. And it runs and drives and that is a big plus. I showed the gauges as I was sitting inside with it running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks