• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Front Winch Mount

K9Vic

Going wheeling/mudding what ever you want to call it you will always see my winch mounted. If it is covered it will not be an issue with mud and will be usable right away, been there many times. I am not going to try to carry a 120lb winch from where ever I have it stored to the front of my CUCV in a mud hole, not worth my safety of falling. The reason to make it removable is to prevent theft or flat towing with a tow bar. There are many ways to lock it down, a good chain and pad lock to an eye link on the plate, or just wrap it around it. You can also weld a small curved plate to block one of the bolts on the winch (See video). This is for the fools that do not know the plate is removable, but if you do not secure one of the bolts they can just unbolt it.

Do not get me wrong, I like this idea and it looks great and will be good for people that do not have tools to build them. But I almost never take mine off and just leave it covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcGsUVyBnI

Drock

Going wheeling/mudding what ever you want to call it you will always see my winch mounted. If it is covered it will not be an issue with mud and will be usable right away, been there many times. I am not going to try to carry a 120lb winch from where ever I have it stored to the front of my CUCV in a mud hole, not worth my safety of falling. The reason to make it removable is to prevent theft or flat towing with a tow bar. There are many ways to lock it down, a good chain and pad lock to an eye link on the plate, or just wrap it around it. You can also weld a small curved plate to block one of the bolts on the winch (See video). This is for the fools that do not know the plate is removable, but if you do not secure one of the bolts they can just unbolt it.

Do not get me wrong, I like this idea and it looks great and will be good for people that do not have tools to build them. But I almost never take mine off and just leave it covered.

Good idea, all though I would have just welded ah bolt. Just buy 5 bolts when your at the store and stick one in a marked sandwich bag, and throw it in the glove box. Or better yet drill an another hole in the plate for the extra bolt with ah nut on the other end.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Colorful use of adjectives. I like it and agree with the video host.

richingalveston

here is my mount. I need a new winch. The one shown here is a boat anchor.
with the clip off, you can see the receiver part that goes behind the bumper. I am going to try and mount the new winch on it behind the bumper
may have to do some work to the core support.

Attachments

Glockfan

Here's a couple of pics of my winch. My buddy Joe and his guys modified the front brush guard slightly and we ended up getting a 12,000 pound Mile Marker hydraulic HMMWV winch to work perfectly on my M1031.

IMG_0352.jpgIMG_3426.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks