• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its cold outside lets talk Heaters, H81, H82, H83, etc.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another odd K8 relay quirk found this weekend.....

so it got cold and attempted to start a heater, cycled to heat 1 time then beeper and red light turned on, no biggie, first time starting this season..... and now only light and beeper even after resetting, check everything else, still red light of death. lots of trouble shooting and everything on the machine looks correct except there is no 'click' sound from K8 when in heat position

K8 relay contacts had jumped out of track, I had another K8 relay in the shop that 'failed' a few years ago that I saved, tada, it did the same thing, the contacts were outside their correct grooves in the controlling board.

IMG_0753[1].JPG

IMG_0754[1].JPG

the top of the contacts are supposed to be in the grooves of the wafer board.

this is what the correct alignment should look like

IMG_0755[1].JPG

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
and there is a fix to a faulty unobtanium K8 relay.

this is not exact, it does not have an alarm line, but it does have a light. the colored wires are same same, T-T are B-W from old, and F-F are same.

I used this on a H82 that has been a cycle 2-3 times before running every time, with this new k8, it started and ran the first time 2 days in a row. I am going to say newer is more bedder.

Cost is less that $100 on evay or amaxon, appears solid state, no moving parts, commercially available.

IMG_0960[1].JPG++
IMG_0959[1].JPG

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What happens to an H82 when you bypass the safeties, K8 and thermostats? Lucky for these guys, you only fill the burn chamber with fuel and it floods out and not explodes the whole thing. There is a time and place for testing but for everyday operating, use the safeties, they are there for a reason. I had to replace the whole burner assembly so that it would work again. I think something failed or clogged with the injector. I will do more testing to verify the fail point.
this photo was after i mopped about 2" of fuel out of the burn chamber with rags.

IMG_0986[1].JPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
i seem to remember something about 'not needing to shave or a haircut for awhile'
Yes Sir!

I was a youngster (yeah, way back when) and my mom and dad and I went to the beach. Rented an apartment for a week or so. The kitchen had a gas stove. Pilot light went out. Dad turned the gas off for a while, then went to light it. It wouldn't "fire" so dad turned the burner in the oven on, and lit it.

There was a WHOOSH sound and I lost my eyebrows!

I was standing outside in a matter of seconds...

That was a big adventure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks