• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Its cold outside lets talk Heaters, H81, H82, H83, etc.

escobar420

Pull the guts and check the ignition gap, and clean out the injector. Also purge your fuel line to the injector while you have the injector loose. And clean the filter
So you think i should put it back together with the original k8 relay, since this ebay version is blowing the breaker box?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I will geta photo if the wire connected when i get to the shop after lunch so that it is wired correctly

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t know of any reason the heat side would cause a breaker to trip. The ignitor runs in fan, fuel pump runs in fan, only difference on heat is valve opens for fuel.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had time to install the ‘new’ k8 on a spare heater, it worked as designed so i am at a loss why it didn’t work for yours unless there are other problems. Verify that the spade connectors are not touching, i had issues with them wanting to twist and touch while tightening.

01DC8B9C-43C7-467F-8B9F-5E498F899B31.jpgA5DA2A9D-E3DA-4F21-8F98-1A65FEB21864.jpg

NV555

I have the M-82. Last year I had the burner unit backfire and blew out the photo eye and the flapper valves. I have a new burner unit and will get to work on it soon.

Other than that worked well, and have the same issues everyone else has.

Any thoughts on the M-82-83 vs the DRASH? I think the DRASH would be handy since it can provide some MEP as well as HVAC. I haven't really used a DRASH before.

Cdtdiesel

Hello. New to the world of military duct heaters. Just picked up a h82 with 5 hours according to the meter. Seems to work fine after cleaning out the rats nest inside of it. Kinda noisy. Like a whining. Was wondering how to get the maximum heat out of it. All settings and everything have had it running for about 2 hours now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

escobar420

wait so it really worked for you???? That's awesome.

can you possible take another picture or two of the rest of the wire harness? just to see?

Thank you.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both of my H-83's died due to a broken piece of plastic! The pump coupling to the motor finally gave way on both units. I too bought junk from GL with less than 2 hours on each one 2 years ago. Then I found out the meters were disconnected per procedure. Nice! Does anyone know where to find new pumps or couplers? Looks like they are machined from teflon rod. It is item 2 in the picture.
coupling.jpg

NV555

Hardhead I had the same issue. I bought the part for 11.00 on flea hay. Also check with the manufacture. I think I searched the nsn and rounded it up that way. Replaced that part and was good to go.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could not find the nsn number for that part in the manual I have. If you can find in your history on the flea what it was listed as, I would appreciate it. I might make some out of some alloy stock I have when I can get one of those plastic marvels again! What a pain to remove the pump!! I went ahead and disassembled the pumps and checked them. Just my luck two twisted off plastic couplings and it was 9 degrees this morning! Funny thing both fuel pumps was perfectly clean inside as far as I could tell. I wonder if running the units out of fuel at the end of the year causes this failure.

NV555

I have an M82 and it was not running when I got it. I will look for the vendor and part. Yes if someone can make a replacement part other than the plastic one would be awesome.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a buddy build a couple for his h140’s, if someone can get dimensions to see if they are the same part that would be very helpful

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks