• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International Plastic Modelers Society 2015

gunboy1656

I keep my models to myself. Mine are not show quality enough, but are good enough for me to enjoy. Will love to see pics of them after the show.

All I do lately is 1/87 scale. Some examples....

Attachments

gunboy1656

Now I know where all the M109s went, Gunboy has them! :)

Cheers

Ha ha ha. I only have 5 of them figured since they were discontinued I wanted a few spares to trade when the time was right. Same with the M35 versions. I have 3 of the standard cargo trucks and 5 of the ones with the quad 50's in the back. Few helicopters as well.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha ha ha. I only have 5 of them figured since they were discontinued I wanted a few spares to trade when the time was right. Same with the M35 versions. I have 3 of the standard cargo trucks and 5 of the ones with the quad 50's in the back. Few helicopters as well.
The Minitanks are nice models. I collected them as a kid (they cost about 10 cents apiece in Ireland at the time, within pocket money range for a kid), and still have a bunch of my old ones. Nowadays, I have a shelf with as many of my vehicles, and my buddies', as I can get in that scale (HO).
The newer, good, M109 was never an easy one to find, and I've recently been poking about for another one since my recently returned Marine son is buying a buddy's M109. They've gone scarce!
Meanwhile, I'm hoping they'll come out with a V100. :)

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my favourite 'what-ifs', a doubled P-38 Lightning.
An exercise in fun, not practicality, its not likely to have been successful (insufficient increase in power for the weight, insufficient vertical stabilizer to make up for the increase in side area, etc. etc.).

Cheers

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my favourite 'what-ifs', a doubled P-38 Lightning.
An exercise in fun, not practicality, its not likely to have been successful (insufficient increase in power for the weight, insufficient vertical stabilizer to make up for the increase in side area, etc. etc.).

Cheers
Looks like something Ol' Howard Hughes would have spec'd for the Goobermint.

Carry on.

baseballump

I have a M706 Commando Armored Car Scale 1/35. I hope to put together some time when I get old. I think it has about as many parts in the kit as a real one has. I had three gave one to the school one of there classes does Military stuff. But, I think it was over there head it has a lot of little parts. It may have as many parts as a real one.
Rory I should have given you the instruction sheet when you put your V together

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That HobbyBoss kit is really nice, and looks like it builds into an accurate representation on the outside at least. I'm afraid the interior would have misguided me some, Louie, as it is loosely based on the V150. :)

I was reading on a modeling forum where one contributor was talking of sanding off the ridges where the hull plates come together, I told them NO! It's supposed to be that way. Also to forget those aftermarket bulged tires, as V tires don't bulge, even at zero air pressure.

I have several of those kits (they seem to be a good gift for others to give me). I plan to do one as my V, one as HellonWheelsV100's, and one as JimK's, progress on the restoration of which is progressing nicely. Displaying the models together is, unfortunately, as close as we are likely to come to ever getting them all together.
Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks