• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

zout

Finally got the gaudy decals off the hood and sides - it always bugged me that they were too big - but when your grandsons use dads equip to make them for grandma - you just gotta live with it. Hopefully they will not notice the change.

Have some pressure washing to do once it gets above 12 degree's here in Ga - then get onto cleaning out the inside - get a good pm on it when done.
I have it moveable for now to make some room in the garage for a command card paint job for DA BOSS.

Issues over the jeep have all been resolved FINALLY (whew) (thought that chit would never end) - but all is looking good to watch it back in action once again this summer.
I have pictures - but just imagine an M38A1 with only "stars" on it - that is what it looks like.

zout

Its down to like 19 degree's and flurries around here in Lilburn tonight - got the new decals on - shop blown out for a coming up project - got Zout2's filters laid out to change the oil in it tomorrow night and fire that wiley rascal up. I'll have to put it outside tarped over for a tad bit but that's ok. Gives the owner a chance to take it around the power lines to practice a bit. The Ga pine sap is on it so I might fire up the pressure washer before embarrising myself with pictures.

Another Ahab

I'll have to put it outside tarped over for a tad bit but that's ok. Gives the owner a chance to take it around the power lines to practice a bit. The Ga pine sap is on it so I might fire up the pressure washer before embarrising myself with pictures.
You thought they had to be pretty:

- Shoot, we just like looking at pictures

picture.jpg

FrankUSMC

Did some painting this week end, and we got one set of the overload springs on the rear of the jeep. Still have not started repainting the 106, but, I did walk around it!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

zout

uncovered the beast - did a pm on Debs jeep - moved it around and seeing how I had the pressure washer was 20150503_101519.jpg20150503_101526.jpg20150503_101550.jpg20150503_101620.jpgout anyhow it was just the natural thing to do next.

zout

Brings back memories and the outstanding support from DH getting them loaded up for us when one of the shippers went array an I will never forget his help.

The Second jeep of that two that was done was sold by it'd owner I built it for a couple months ago to someone in FL.

Deb already has plans to start taking it to work when weather permits. Dang she is a die hard trooper.

I told her first one up and ready to go to work takes the jeep.

zout

Headed out this morning with flags flying proudly for a few hour...hit Waffle House for breakfast where most of the Vets Hall folks meet up and never saw it....great time just listening to Vets stories of their life. PRICELESS.
Better yet when they went to cash out someone paid all their tabs. JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR US. Imagine that. Can never repay them for their service.

FrankUSMC

Had two marines here this weekend helping me sand the 106 recoilless rifle that will be mounted in the back of the M38A1. Started painting the gun yesterday.

Another Ahab

Had two marines here this weekend helping me sand the 106 recoilless rifle that will be mounted in the back of the M38A1. Started painting the gun yesterday.
Someone kindly just posted a picture of a 106 recoilless rifle mounted solo on a single dedicated axle ( I think it was in the "Did What With Your Deuce" thread).

I had never seen that configuration before. No detail about it, beyond the highly appreciated picture.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Franks 106 is awesome. I saw it the last time I was out there. Very impressive restoration done on it!

FrankUSMC

The "getting old part" keeps slowing me down. Bought the paint for the 2nd coat, now can not find the paint! Went and bought some more today. The goal is to have the 106 mounted on the jeep this weekend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks