• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

Another Ahab

The "getting old part" keeps slowing me down. Bought the paint for the 2nd coat, now can not find the paint! Went and bought some more today. The goal is to have the 106 mounted on the jeep this weekend.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
That's going to look good; can't wait for the beauty shot.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son and I are now in the jeep club:shock:

Started working on her, already took off the CAP stickers, sorry to all my CAP friends!
20151204_084901.jpgRt FT.jpg

Already, money going out and tiny little parts are showing up at the door step!

CUCVLOVER

Cool jeep. In that state is a blank canvas. You could easily do a complete 100% museum quality restoration or (probably my favorite) a nice mini resto with a off road vibe.
Use all mv stuff and build a trail jeep but with a stock look.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't get much back ground unfortunately! Maybe someone will know more? We got her in PA, not far from Philly.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning to clean her up and make her look Military, not museum quality, but she'll look perfect from 50 feet!!! :whistle:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roger, in fact my son plans to drive it a lot! I'm sure form time to time we will get it dirty, after all that's what they were made to do! We don't really have official mud trails/rallies up here, too many folks worried about lawyers! But we will find some off road routes to keep the squeaks out!

CUCVLOVER

Ok.
Just come down my way after you get it built if you want to. We can hit turkey bay its a big ORV area in land between the lakes. I could probably get some more green iron to come too.
I hear ya about the lawyers. Since so many people are either lawsuit happy or will destroy the area most people won't let anyone ride on their ground, be it atv, or JEEPs.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perfect, we were able to keep a steady 37 degrees!! It's been awhile, but surprising it wasn't all that bad, whindshield saved us! LOL

Fifty

Installing a pair of lights up front. Lights are mounted. Working on the wiring. I will post pictures on the thread for my Jeep.

KansasBobcat

OK, mine is M151A2 but we always called them a "jeep" when I was in the Army (1968-1977). Got the radiator fan shroud bracket resoldered on driver side. The shop also found a few small leaks and repaired them. All for $75.00!

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed KansasBobcat In my days in the Army (1972-2013) we always called them jeeps, I never heard MUTT until I started following forums a couple of years ago! LOL

Now the bad news, as y'all can see above we took her out for her first run, bad news we now found out the block is cracked! :cry:

So pulling the engine to see where and how bad, so I'm might need an engine? Bummer, we were so close!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks