• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's for sale, no longer maybe, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Which falls in line with what my guy told me, pick of the litter went first.
Umm not exactly.

Im being told that the majority of those 4000 will not be surplused due to be uparmored gun trucks that cannot be demilled.
i was told lastnight by my armored door source that he has an exclusive to buy the remaining M998s that were not in this round, these trucks that were auctioned first were the cleanest of the bunch and all running, the next batch will be non operational for one reason or another and he is buying a lot sum before auction as well. There is not 4000 trucks going to civi hands, 99% of them are getting the chop by an Aussie contracted company as they are uparmored and not for civi hands.
According to my source the 4000 is 99% uparmored and being scrapped by the aussie company in Utah.

rickf

Post #314, Carnac said it best when he pointed out that there are just too many people on this site in the know, literally. They work for the government, they work on the bases and for the previous auction company. They KNOW how the system works and to say you have a "Source" that has and inside line, That is not going to cut it with these guys. If that source turns out to actually have that line he will not have it for long that is for sure! Nobody gets an unfair advantage legally.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post #314, Carnac said it best when he pointed out that there are just too many people on this site in the know, literally. They work for the government, they work on the bases and for the previous auction company. They KNOW how the system works and to say you have a "Source" that has and inside line, That is not going to cut it with these guys. If that source turns out to actually have that line he will not have it for long that is for sure! Nobody gets an unfair advantage legally.
I wonder if the "Source" has a good recipe for the crow he is eating.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm just going to remain seated on my hands and leave it at that. You are more than welcome to PM me with your source, his name, rank (if military), company he works for or whatever other info you care to share. I will keep it to myself and will correspond back to you reference his reliability. More than likely if he is not govt civil service or military working within the Defense Logistics Agency, it is a questionable source. Once it falls from that organization the reliability starts falling off drastically as it gets away from that organization.

Not questioning what you were told just the person who uttered the words. Kinda like my teachers telling me Paul Revere said "The British are coming" but in fact it is highly unlikely he said that because he was himself in fact British and at that time less than a third of the people in the colonies wanted to rebel against Mother England. Actual word was the Redcoats or the Regulars are coming.

3dAngus

Well I heard Christopher Columbus discovered America.

Bhahahahahahahahaahhhhhaaaa....

We even have a holiday for him. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks