• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VeriTread.com - Estimates & Transport

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, you are underestimating the challenge of getting a trucker with the right equipment, properly credentialed, to the right place on a military base at a specific time on a specific day of the week. It's like trying to get all the planets lined up. And if the equipment does not run, then the fun really begins . . .

VeriTread

Brian, thank you for bringing your services onto this forum. At this time I do not have a need for your service, but in the future, when I do, I'll be sure to utilize your "widget"!

Question: In your opinion, what is the impact of having a strict load out date on the price per mile?

In my mind, the policies and procedures at GP and at the bases make for tough scheduling. Therefore, loading out would seem to be the biggest constraint on logistics, at least for us hobbyists. I'm curious about whether it's possible to lower the $2-3 per mile rate if the pick up date had a wider, more flexible window, say a calendar month.

It might help some of us to know your opinion on this, so that we could consider bidding on vehicles more distant, and then utilize the services of another member to get said equipment off base. Said assisting member could store the vehicle while the purchaser seeks bids using your services for the OTR hauling.

Rick
It's difficult to quantify an exact per mile dollar amount - lots of factors at play: Size of the item being transported, whether the item runs or not, whether there is loading assistance readily available, etc. It's important to note that GovPlanet is constantly trying to identify more off-site storage facilities that will allow for a wider range of pickup availability, so over time, this issue will continue to improve. You already identified the benefits of doing that. What I would strongly encourage anyone to do, is post the item you are wanting to purchase on VeriTread BEFORE you actually purchase the item so you have your freight costs dialed in to an exact figure.

I hope that helps!

VeriTread

I have been asked to arrange or arranged shipping for at least half dozen members that were left hanging by Veritread at the last minute, told "OOPS", cannot find a truck (this was from a VERY busy area with a lot of trucks coming in and looking for loads out), or told "SORRY" truck was needed to pickup another load, or the best one yet, NOTHING, truck just does not show up, not a word of warning, just no show, nothing, ect., ect. each time it is at the very last minute of time before storage charges. I can go on but what is the point, when a broker tells the shipper everything is cool for the pickup then no pickup SOMETHING is WRONG, now this is JUST ME but I wonder that since GP owns Veritread and that GP is trying to SQUEEZE every CENT out of there military truck sales though GOV, PLANET, just maybe this may be a way to get some extra storage fees , the reason I say this is if I a non-broker can get a truck for a load somewhere going to somewhere within the 6 day time frame, and on a emergency bases, a truck for next day pick up, you are going to tell me a professional commercial trucking broker CAN NOT, now that is a BUNCH of CRAP.

If you guys are happy with VT, fine, I will not ever recommend VT to anybody that asks me what I think about VT for a hauler.

Just my two cents on the VT subject, I can only comment on what I know.
Please consider signing up on our site. I have offered to extend a free account for any asset-based for hire carrier that is a member of Steel Soldiers.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, you are underestimating the challenge of getting a trucker with the right equipment, properly credentialed, to the right place on a military base at a specific time on a specific day of the week. It's like trying to get all the planets lined up. And if the equipment does not run, then the fun really begins . . .
This. I've more than once seen a driver get out of his cab, walk to the shack and ask for his paperwork back. Cause tired of waiting in line for an hour+ to get cleared on base. I've all but stopped buying from GL due to the hassle and plan on 3 hours for the gate now.

drivebymashing

Fayetville NC has a offsite storage location no waiting at gate. The ONLY place I will bid on from now. Pull right up show him the paperwork hook up trailer drive away saved a TON of money over paying someone to deliver it.

DanM7890

Fayetville NC has a offsite storage location no waiting at gate. The ONLY place I will bid on from now. Pull right up show him the paperwork hook up trailer drive away saved a TON of money over paying someone to deliver it.
a

This is only for some items though. Most items are still on Bragg and the truck lane does take hours if you have a trailer.

drivebymashing

Yes bragg and fayetville show two different locations. All the items I bought from fayetville were at the offsite lot. Trucks and trailers hummers ect. The bragg lot... I have never messed with Im not getting any younger.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am very happy with the service I got from Brian , my M984 and M886 were delivered on time and will use his service again.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I haul most items up to 30,000lbs. 1.00 a mile to 10k 1.60 a mile up to 20k and 1.70 a mile To 25k and 30k is 2.00

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks