• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831 FAQ for owners or potential buyers

robson1015

IMGP2937.jpgIMGP2939.jpgIMGP2952.jpgIMGP2960.jpgIMGP2964.jpgIMGP2963.jpgIMGP2962.jpg

IMGP2966.jpg Attached some pictures that I sent to Solarstik in an e-mail. Looks easy enough to disconnect but I don't know if there are modifications to the wiring besides adding the the extra colored wire harness. Comments ???

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should be easy to restore to stock. I hope they will get back to you with the install instructions so you know exactly what to do. If not I'm sure we can figure it out otherwise.

robson1015

IMGP2942.jpgIMGP2967.jpgIMGP2969.jpgIMGP2970.jpgIMGP2965.jpgIMGP2972.jpg

Some more pics. I added the 30 amp receptacle to the front. The unit works fine with only 6 hours on it but I would like to be able to have the fault indicator functional.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any local resources that are good electrical/electronic people? Someone with a decent grasp on wiring should be able to resolve the issues by moving a some wires on terminals or with a few jumpers in an hour or two. All the info you need are in the schematics. I've had to trace down electrical faults on many of the ones I've rescued from the auctions. Lots of wires but otherwise simple circuits.

robson1015

Just got an e-mail back from Solarstik Co. This isn't their product. I think it is a military remote start unit. Anyone familiar with these???I would leave it attached if I can figure out how to reconnect the fault panel. Back to square one. I guess I just need to know what the procedure is to bypass the fault indicator and reverse it.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one with the hole in the case where the remote connector was but the mod had been removed and the unit worked normally.

Do you know anyone there that can help trace through the circuits and put it back to stock?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I'm not close enough to help in person. I would recommend going through the wiring diagrams and looking at where all the factory wires are supposed to go. Once you get the hang of the labeling system its pretty straight forward to trace all the wiring.

Do you have the Technical Manual? All the wiring diagrams are in there.

robson1015

I have the manual I downloaded from here. Can I trouble you to send me a pic of the run/start switch terminal wiring. I suspect that is where the bypass may be. IMGP2962.jpg

robson1015

I guess worst case scenario is I won't have the fault indicator lights. The remote control hand held unit probably has all the fault functions on it (just a guess). Still hoping someone has installed or has un-installed one of these and sees this post...

robson1015

I found the problem !!! I studied over the wiring diagram as suggested and noticed that there were two wires missing from the run/start switch. So I started looking for two missing wires. They were spliced together to the blue wire from the remote start harness. I disconnected them from the blue wire (They were shrink tubed spliced in rubber) and connected them to the terminal on the start switch and problem solved. I still have the harness in tact if I ever would need a remote start set up.

If anyone gets a MEP-831A with the wiring harness for remote start I think I can help out.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found the problem !!! I studied over the wiring diagram as suggested and noticed that there were two wires missing from the run/start switch. So I started looking for two missing wires. They were spliced together to the blue wire from the remote start harness. I disconnected them from the blue wire (They were shrink tubed spliced in rubber) and connected them to the terminal on the start switch and problem solved. I still have the harness in tact if I ever would need a remote start set up.

If anyone gets a MEP-831A with the wiring harness for remote start I think I can help out.
Glad you got it figured out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks