• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 831 FAQ for owners or potential buyers

Cord

Yes, I did. The outlet fits to the side of the terminal enclosure. Just be sure to use a smaller box or you'll find the lid won't close.

Cord

The box I used was too big so it had to be moved. I was mounting the unit on a trailer so I ended up mounting to the trailer deck.

Cord

They're called split lugs. If you take the nut all the way off you'll see the groove the wire goes in. The nut should be captured by the wire bail so don't break the bail or you might lose the nut. You can put any under size wire under the nut and then just tighten it down. The connection works for both light and heavy gauge wires. It's a really good method of connecting wires and I think you'll like it.

chsmurphy

Hey folks, I just wanted to say "Thank You" to all of your posts. I wanted an MEP-831A for emergency backup and light enough to use for small jobs. I had bid on them for months but finally got one this week. I had read your posts for months, I even had all of the filters ordered before I went to pick it up.
I got home, opened the cover and all filters and battery were still in. Figuring "what the ****" I pushed the start button and she fired right up.
The decommissioning order was from 10 December 2015, so I will changed all fuel, fluids and filters anyway but I am glad the battery was there. One less expense. Also glad to know it does work.
I got off track. My main mission was to show my appreciation for all of the knowledge I gained from your experiences.
Thank you all!!!

Cord

You certainly got lucky with that unit. Even with only 40 hours mine was a disaster for the engine, but the electrics were good. The engine parts are readily available and are surprisingly cheap. If I had a choice for a problem, I'd take a electrically perfect unit with a bad engine because the engine is repairable.

buggsy458

Thanx guys, I'm waitin on the fuel filter/separator(Racor) to get here in the mail and then I'll give it a go..
Can you post which Racer separator you bought for the 831 and also if it is working out for you? I'm needing two fuel water separator bowls and am having such a hard time finding them I'm thinking of just replacing them with something else. Thanks for any info you can provide.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter

OverkillTASF

Last edited:

OverkillTASF

Dang, you replied too fast. :) I was going to delete the post because I realized the original poster wanted the whole shebang, bowl included. Bah. :) I'm happy I know so little about this... mine came with everything ready to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks