• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Models

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Something that I've wondered for a while now and haven't ever really been able to determine from the TMs or websites I've seen - What are the variations, changes, and improvements in relation to the HMMWV A0, A1, and A2 models?

BenDeez

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, maybe someone can answer though. The variations are body types- correct? I read through the link, but it mentions the engines. In my case- I had a 91 M1038 with the 6.2 now after replacing the engine with the 6.5 my variation is the same?

BenDeez

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I get that, my question more was more between an AO, A1 or A2. I know the main difference between the other hmmwv variations was the upgraded 6.5. After some more research I don't think the M1038 was ever manufactured with the 6.5- is this correct? It only had the M1038 and the M1038A1 in 1994?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks