• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get Michelin XL and XML family tires?

AJMBLAZER

Forgive me if I'm "off in the woods" but I noticed several people on here run the Michelin XML and XL tires on their M715's in the 9.00R16 and 11.00R16 size. Does anyone know of a current source of these? I know both sizes have been discountinued by Michelin but I figure people are still getting them somewhere...
eBay is about worthless now as I can find one set of each and they're being bid on from day one.

sermis

I got my 11.00 XML's from e-bay. in the $650-$700 range. They were 95% or better. I really like them but lots of $$$

Kwai

Sometimes you can find them on GL. Ebay is the most common source. XL and XZL's are 1100x16 and will fit the stock wheel. XML's are metric 325/85/16 are bigger tires and need a 16x8 wheel at least. I bought a set of 95% XML's recently for $400+shipping when most were going for $7-800. You just gotta watch for the good deal.

AJMBLAZER

Yeah, I'm thinking of XL's and XML's. For the money if anyone knows where to get the 255/100R16's that replaced the 9.00R16's I'd be interested in those as well.

Gack...the set of 11.00R16's I was watching doubled in the last couple hours...doesn't anyone understand sniping?

No thanks, can't afford what they're going for now. Still got two days to go.

The annoying part is you can't buy them in stores anymore. 5 years ago I knew guys buying them brand new with a warranty from Michelin Commercial dealers for less than $200 each. Now I can't even get a commercial tire dealership to return my call...

AJMBLAZER

Well...yes and no.

The USMC went to the same tire the Canadians put on their LAV's, the 325/85R16 XML which is the same height but about 3" wider. Bit knobbier too. It's sorta wide for my needs.

The 9.00R16 has been replaced by the 255/100R16...BUT...I can't find them here in the States. They're listed on European surplus sites but nada here.

Meanwhile Michelin's Commercial division is so busy cranking out tires for the military you just can't get these things through the commercial dealers right now.

Blythewoodjoe

I was bidding on about 50 of the 11.00's here in Columbia SC several months ago. Many where new. I don't know how ended up with them but if someone knows how to contact a bidder on GSA I can look and see who the guy was that got them.

Joe Trapp

AJMBLAZER

Re: RE: Where to get Michelin XL and XML family tires?

Bob H said:
9.00R16 XL
Would like to find 6 or 7 of these for my W400 Ambulance
Good luck, they're pretty rare now.

There was a guy selling less than 50% tread left sets on eBay for most of the summer but he's stopped now.
They were never used by any military here but they were made here and released for public sale when the plant in one of the Carolinas made too many extra. Well now they make that size somewhere else and the supply of them seems to be dwindling.

I was contemplating a 36x12.5R16 Swamper TSL Radial before I found my 11.00R16's. They're famous for actually being closer to 11" wide.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Where to get Michelin XL and XML family tires?

There might be some over at M715Zone.com. I forget his userID, but there was a guy just south of Bristol, TN that I got mine from, great prices, and good tires. Had a bunch, might be some left, but you'll have to go to that website to get more details.

AJMBLAZER

RE: Re: RE: Where to get Michelin XL and XML family tires?

g something?

I got my 11.00R16's from a guy in that area this summer. All he had was 11.00R16's and not many left at the time.

rangernut0901180

I am in Mansfield, Ohio, and although I do not actually have a "Military" vehicle I do have a set of Military tires on my truck. Specifically 11.00r16 Michelin XL's.

Does anybody have a current source of these(or the XML's or XZL's) somewhere near Ohio.

I used to be able to find these all day long on Ebay but No more.auaaua

(PS I got the set I do have from an Ebay seller in San Diego when I lived in Arizona near Bullhead City)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks