• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get Michelin XL and XML family tires?

MJCougler

Tires

Do you have a BJs near you? They gave me a quote recently for my M725. BF Goodrich recently added a "rock crawler" line, similar in size, but they are very expensive compaired to 16.6 tires that the surplus dealer in Texas is selling.

bcowanwheels

Mine are mounted on stock m715 tube type rims however i do have 5 -16" tubeless rims i,am making specifically for these 5 tires also available.
Best to call me.
Bob
423 384 8938

MJCougler

Used HUMMER Tires

Steel Soldiers

There is a government surplus reseller in Albemarle NC selling NEW (>90% tread) HUMMER tires for $250 each, plus shipping. Call him 704-983-5940. I drove down there on my Easter break when I visited my daughters in Goldsboro NC. I bought 5 for $1250 on my Visa card. He told me to go to the yard and pick out the five I wanted. I found five NEW tires with the newest manufacture dates. He says the Army swaps out HUMMER tires when they are over five years old. He'll even leave the rubber run-flats in if you want them, or he'll sell them complete with the rims too (for more money). He also says the older Goodyear tires are better and more rugged than the newer tires they are selling now through DRMO. I needed to purchase HUMMER rims from someone that re-centers them and sends them out to power coating.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ht=hummer+rims

If you want new, Firestone is selling a 315/70R 17 tire that looks a lot like HUMMER tires.

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare...6&pricing=true

Hope this helps

bcowanwheels

The reason there changing tires is the latest up-armored hummers needed a more h/d tire-rim setup to carry the weight hence the 24 bolt rims and bfg tires. The latest setup isnt available to the surplus market or to the public yet.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
$250 each? Heck we sell the 37" tires for $350 a SET with 80% or better tread. We also have rims as well.

rangernut0901180

Set means 4 tires.... I went to his website...

ALso patracy seeing as you can get your hands on the Michelins I will be contacting you in about 6 months or so when mine are ready to be swapped Likely I will be buying 2 sets as these things are getting hard to find...

Also Please Specify which ones you can get as I presently have the XL's but likely will switch to the XZL

M715VFD405

Don't forget those tires should be able to be recapped and reused you might think about doing that before buying a new set or selling the old ones so someone else can have them recapped and reused.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks