• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to Ringgold Ga.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Those are nowhere near his path. I will be going to NC this weekend and will try to grab Ron's winch. I am going to Zeebeedee's house this week I hope, but we are getting snow bound. Both will be in Seagrove NC soon.
That is cool, Kenny, BOTH winches will be at my place in a short time, I am only a hour short of Blue Ridge, which would make it a easy pick up for you on your next visit north, or I can forward south.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Kenny, I am shipping your cold weather with Pat too. If there is no cold weather with the winch, sue the freight carrier!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about ah pic, for us that are clueless?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I get to work I will dig up a pic. Unable to attach pics from a phone. For the inquisitive type, it's a Hickey Sidewinder. Note correct use of "a"

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe I have ever seen one of those.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the one Larry. Prices on these are usually between $100 an $1500. Those familiar with them, covet them. Those that have never seen one shy away. They are an excellent choice for a hidden mount. A pic of mine attached.

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you like about them?

The only thing I can see that may be beneficial is that the spool is very narrow and mounted vertically which should function much better on indirect angle pulls.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a decent winch but the ultimate draw for me is the ability to almost completely hide it behind the bumper of the truck. Treated with common sense, it should last a long time. Sacrificial abuse will net you looking for parts that just aren't that available.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And once again something Kenny gets makes us laugh (at least the video of it).

[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks