• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to Ringgold Ga.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The winch is no hurry. My trips to Blairsville are so short and activity packed that I may not be able to make it over the mountain. Next one comes in the March/April time frame.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The winch is no hurry. My trips to Blairsville are so short and activity packed that I may not be able to make it over the mountain. Next one comes in the March/April time frame.
At least the winch will be closer, we could wait for your return trip south, pull up along side you, then throw it over to your vehicle, this way you will not LOOSE any time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least the winch will be closer, we could wait for your return trip south, pull up along side you, then throw it over to your vehicle, this way you will not LOOSE any time.
You will need to drop it from an overpass. I hope your timing is good, my wifes car is very speedy. :recovry4x4:

phil2968

Kenny, I am heading north to the Athens area of the SSGA Mafia territory Christmas day through the following Sunday. Can I grab the winch for you? I have been to Miami Beach twice since I talked to you last.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it gets there by then Phil, that would be great. I'd not lose sleep over it though! I'd be happy for sure.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't be there in time for your trip Garrett but thanks for the offer. Not sure it will get there by the time Phil leaves. Just remember, it's no rush.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pat, don't sweat this one drop. Travel at your leisure. I do not need the winch anytime soon.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need to get it there fast, you can borrow my M1008!

Jeepsinker

Looks like I'll be leaving later tomorrow instead of early in the morning. Just haven't had time to do all that I needed to do to get ready. Worked on the deuce all day today and I still have to change out a steer tire before I leave. I also have to go to town and get a few more weld on tiedowns to weld onto the trailer in order to properly secure the cargo., still have to load quite a bit of stuff and fuel the truck and my auxiliary tanks up. Never enough hours in a day.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess we'll see you when we see you. I'm packing for a fast/short trip. ;-)

Jeepsinker

I'm just about to leave. Once again, spent all day working to get ready. I'll drive all night and hopefully be there tomorrow afternoon sometime. I'm already beat.

Jeepsinker

Start odometer reading: 69,399.2
cargo:
2 pallets 120mm ammo cans
2 pallets mortar cans
2 6.5 liter diesel engines
9 medium towbars with feet and pins
2 heavy medium towbars, 1 pair feet
3 280,000 btu jet heaters
1 SUSS water heater
235 gallons of fuel
all my tools and stuff I normally carry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks