• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Tec tip

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys I know most of you have done a good job on replacing the seals on the drums but here we go.
I use a wheel dolly. I know most do not want to buy one for one truck and that is understandable.
The CR seal 47660 is a tight fit on the spindle when all is correct. I found that if I placed and extra ring/wiper in the seal for awhile before install it goes in a little easer. This can be done before the seal is installed and keep or put it back in the seal till the time you install the hub.( just don't forget to take it out before hub install) The one I just replaced was nicked and bent over from the last person who installed the seal.
Now the hub needs to be installed centered from start to finished seated drum. To do this ease the hub on and as soon as you can get the outer bearing on do so as this will center the hub. Do not install the hub and let it hang by just the inner bearing and seal as this is most likely the time the seal gets damaged. I then put on the outer seal and nut and run the hub up till all is seated and hope I got the seal to seat without cutting or folding it over as you won't know. Happy hunting.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks