• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Port Cap - Cheap & Easy!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was putzing around the shop and came up with an inexpensive and easy slave receptacle cap. Used a 1-1/4" PVC cap and Gorilla glued a strip of 220 grit cloth backed sandpaper on the inside. Fits nice and snug on the receptacle. Painted and riveted a length of paracord to the nose. Almost looks official.

Attachments

Last edited:

papakb

I use the threaded PVC caps on my radio antennas and they work well there too. I just wish there was some way to dye them instead of painting them. The only problem I see with using them for the slave recepticle is the sandpaper will abrade off the protective finish on the connector and they'll start to rust.

Kurt

Csm Davis

I use the threaded PVC caps on my radio antennas and they work well there too. I just wish there was some way to dye them instead of painting them. The only problem I see with using them for the slave recepticle is the sandpaper will abrade off the protective finish on the connector and they'll start to rust.

Kurt
I thought they were solid copper, are they just coated?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Kurt
Mine was corroded/oxidized inside and out to begin with (just got this truck). First one I've ever seen like this.
Could be wrong, but it doesn't appear there is any type of protective finish on my other trucks, and they aren't corroded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks